Here is a list of the Best Quotes of Kimberly Key
Kimberly Key Quotes
1. Oftentimes, people hear the beginning sentences and jump on that conclusion without realizing the person was going to go in a different direction.
2. Don’t be afraid to say “Did I understand you correctly? Are you preferring that we go to the movies instead of dinner?” or “Are you concerned that we won’t make the deadline, so you want to get a better grasp of what we’ve done to date and how long it will take?”
Or, if it feels like the person is saying one thing while really expressing something else (the meta-message), you can respond with, “It might be me, yet you seem a little distant and I realize I’ve been preoccupied lately. Is that what’s bothering you or is there something else that’s weighing on your heart?”
3. Communication is a two-way street. When one person opens up and shares their experience, reciprocate. “Oh that is how you felt. This is what I was experiencing…” Be vulnerable and do your best to articulate your feelings. Lose the pride, as pride is the enemy of honest communication.
4. Know that in spite of all of your efforts, there may still be a misunderstanding. That’s okay. Every person has a different point of view, so no two people see things exactly the same. There is no right or wrong, just the mutual sharing of different experiences on the journey of life.
5. "I statements” are powerful because they keep you where you belong—speaking your feelings from your point of view and sharing your own experience.
We can’t speak for others. Only they can share their feelings. We can say we were hurt by a behavior but it crosses a line when we accuse or blame the other person.
Telling the other person they are wrong for doing the behavior or telling them what they feel is not our business or our place (because we actually don’t know).