You don’t have to control your thoughts; you just have to st ...
Home > Quotes > You don’t have to control your thoughts; you just have to stop letti
1. You don’t have to control your thoughts; you just have to stop letting them control you.
Tags: Anxiety | Health Anxiety | Mind Control | Thoughts | Negativity | Controlling | Control | Mental Health |
Explore More Quotes
2. Perfectionism hampers success. In fact, it’s often the path to depression, anxiety, addiction, and life-paralysis.
Tags: Depression | Success | Perfectionism | Anxiety | Paralysis | Addiction |
3. "Never a believer is stricken with a discomfort, an illness, an anxiety, a grief or mental worry or even the pricking of a thorn but Allah will expiate his sins on account of his patience"
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].
Riyad as-Salihin : Book 1, Hadith 37
Tags: Sadness | Mental Health | Mental Wellness | Worry | Anxiety | Illness | Sin | Hadith |
4. A woman wants to love her husband, but at the same time she does not want to lose her family. So do not put yourself and her family in the same scale, because then her choice will be down to either you or her family. And even if she does choose you over her family, she will remain in anxiety, which will then turn into hatred towards you in your daily life.
Tags: Nikah | Relationship | Family | Islamic Quotes about Family | Hate | Anxiety | Choose Me | Islamic Quotes for Wife | Wife |
5. "when a Muslim is afflicted by an anxiety, pain or sickness then, because of that, his sins are atoned. So much, so that if a thorn pricks him or he suffers a simple, minor injury (His sins are forgiven)”.
[Al-Adab Al-Mufrad Book 1, Hadith 8]
Tags: Mood Swings | Anxiety | Pain | Sick | Forgiveness | Suffering | Sinner | Hadith |
6. Personality Disorder Treatments
1. Psychotherapy - speaking with a therapist to better understand your feelings and learn how to manage stress and improve relationships and how to change negative thinking patterns
2. Medication - antidepressants help in improving depressed mood, anger or impulsivity. Mood stabilizers are for mood swings, irritability and anger; anti-psychotic and anti-anxiety medications
Tags: Personality Disorder | Psychology | Therapy | Relationship | Negativity | Medicine | Depression | OCD | Anxiety | Mood Swings | Impulsive | Irritated |
7. These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.
Tags: Stress | Mental Wellness | Relaxing | Chill | Worry | Anxiety | Overthinking | Negativity |
8. And do not carry the anxiety for the future because it is in the Hand of Allah.
Tags: Motivational Islamic Quotes On Life | Anxiety | Future | Nikah |
9. Depression, anxiety, eating disorders, trauma, these are just a few examples of the forces that can lead to a tornado of pain. So what I would like to say in this room of powerful woman and men today is let’s work together to beckon the world towards kindness
Tags: Depression | Anxiety | Overeating | Trauma | Pain | Inspirational Women | Be Kind |
10. Naming your critical voice or anxiety is not to get rid of it. It's to detach from it. To steal away some of it's power over you because it's not your voice. It's "Bob's" as I call mine.
Tags: Criticism | Voice | Anxiety | Get Away | Power | Health Anxiety |
11. The worst type of crying is the silent one.
The one when everyone is asleep.
The one when you feel it in your throat, and your eyes become blurry from the tears.
The one where you just want to scream.
The one where you have to hold your breath and grab your stomach to keep quiet.
The one where you can't breathe anymore.
Tags: Crying | Pain | Suffering | Mood Swings | Sleep | Eyes | Screaming | Breathing | Anxiety | Sadness | Depression |
12. Anxiety is experiencing failure in advance.
Tags: Anxiety | Failure | Future | Present | Worry | Dont Worry |
13. Guilt Trip
A special kind of manipulation tactic. A manipulator suggests to the conscientious victim that he or she does not care enough, is too selfish or has it easy. This usually results in victim feeling bad, keeping them in self-doubt, anxious and submissive position.
Tags: Manipulation | Tactic | Victim | Guilt | Mind Games | Mind Control | Submissive | Anxiety | Self Doubt | Blame | Careless | Question | Mental Health | Depression | Jealousy |
14. Feelings that make one cut or hurt themselves:
Tags: Self Harm | Feelings | Hurt | Sadness | Anxiety | Anger | Loneliness | Shame | Emptiness |
15. Gasping between breaths, alone and scared.
My freedom awaits me, I’m already prepared.
Anxiety peaks, madness ensues,
Shame takes over, insanity looms.
Tags: Self Harm | Insanity | Breathing | Loneliness | Scared | Freedom | Dark Times | Anxiety | Shame | Poetry |
16. Signs of being Emotionally Drained:
-Irritated very quickly
-lack of motivation
-sleep issues and nausea
-crying for no reason
Tags: Emotionally Drained | Irritated | Sleep | Crying | Anxiety |
17. If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.
Tags: Depression | Past | Present | Today | Future | Anxiety | Peace | Overthinking |
18. I saw a book titled "Anxiety and Depression for Dummies" yesterday in the store... Not sure if it is appropriate to label someone looking for mental help a "dummy".
Tags: Funny Depression | Anxiety | Depression | Dumbness | Self Help |
19. There's always anxiety when you start a new job, you're the one guy who doesn't know where the ketchup is.
Tags: Ketchup | Job | Anxiety | Beginning | Feeling Left Out |
20. Corporal punishment has been
associated with a variety of psychological and behavioral disorders in children and
adults, including anxiety, depression, withdrawal, low self-esteem, impulsiveness,
delinquency and substance abuse
Tags: Corporal Punishment | Anxiety | Depression | Self Esteem | Abuse | Emotional Abuse |
21. I always tell myself that I must be strong. If I start to rely on someone, I'll be anxious thinking that person might leave me.
Tags: Korean Drama | Leave | Anxiety |
22. One does not feel anxious about the things you’re sure of.
Tags: Korean Drama | Anxiety | Trust |
23. People with Victim Identity attract bullies as their partners. Bully looks for those who he can take advantage of, and the victim believes that life is meant to be harder. A victim does not want to take responsibility of their own life from fear that thing might get a whole lot harder.
Tags: Victim | Bully | Adult Bully | Taking Advantage | Responsibility | Fear | Hardship | Anxiety | Identity |
24. Your anxiety is lying to you.
Tags: Anxiety | Liar | Reality | Mental Wellness | Health Anxiety |
25. I shall stay calm in moments of stress and anxiety, so as to allow positive thoughts and actions to manifest from me.
Tags: Positive Thinking | Calm | Stress | Anxiety | Thoughts | Actions |
26. To observe that life contains unavoidable difficulty is not to minimize its impacts or to suggest that we should give up trying to make life better. But people - me included - add a lot of unnecessary frustration, anxiety, and self-criticism by resisting difficulty - often with an underlying attitude of "it shouldn't be this way."
Try the attitude of accepting difficulty instead of getting aggravated by it. It's a lot more peaceful.
Tags: Life Struggle | Inevitable | Frustrated | Anxiety | Self Doubt | Accept | Difficulty | Peace | Resisting |
27. In the moment, start by acknowledging any stress, weariness, frustration, anxiety, or pain. Open to the impact on your body and mind of whatever is difficult. Let the experience be whatever it is. Try to step back from it and observe it. Let it flow . . . flowing through you . . . and flowing on out the door.
Tags: Life Struggle | Stress | Frustrated | Anxiety | Pain | Difficulty | Experience | Mindset | Health Anxiety |
28. There is only one way to happiness and that is to cease worrying about things which are beyond the power of our will.
Tags: Anxiety | Happiness | Worry | Future |
29. How much pain have cost us the evils which have never happened.
30. We must have a pie. Stress cannot exist in the presence of a pie.
Tags: Health Anxiety | Anxiety | Stress | Cupcakes |
31. Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.
Tags: Anxiety | Fear | Mind Control |
32. Anxiety was born in the very same moment as mankind. And since we will never be able to master it, we will have to learn to live with it— just as we have learned to live with storms.
Tags: Anxiety | Health Anxiety | Storm |
33. You don’t have to control your thoughts; you just have to stop letting them control you.
Tags: Anxiety | Health Anxiety | Mind Control | Thoughts | Negativity | Controlling | Control | Mental Health |
34. It’s not time to worry yet.
Tags: Anxiety | Worry | Dont Worry |
35. It’s not stress that kills us, it is our reaction to it.
Tags: Anxiety | Stress | Health Anxiety |
36. The great thing, then, in all education, is to make our nervous system our ally instead of our enemy.
Tags: Anxiety | Nervous System | Mind Control | Body | Mental Health |
37. When threatened, the nervous system sometimes goes into a 'freeze response.' You assess the risk and determine that fight or flight doesn't help you. Staying put does.
Tags: Nervous System | Fight or Flight | Health Anxiety | Anxiety |
38. Dear Worries,
I know you’re trying to help me, but you’re really taking me out of the present. You are stopping me to think clearly and solve the problem.
Tags: Worry | Anxiety | Health Anxiety |
39. You’re unique.
But your anxiety is not.
Tags: Health Anxiety | Anxiety | I Am Different | You Are Not Alone | Supportive |
40. The first symptom of health anxiety is that when a person senses a symptom, they start thinking “OMG what could this be? Let me search google. Is it going to lead to something else? Am I unhealthy?
Tags: Health Anxiety | Anxiety | Google | Mental Health | Symptoms |
41. Believing 100% that your symptoms are related to anxiety and stress and not something else is the first step to healing your health anxiety. Not taking an opinion or going to google to search for the symptom. You have to accept that the symptom is related to your anxiety.
Tags: Health Anxiety | Symptoms | Anxiety | Opinion |
42. We feel that if we feel sensitized, if we can interpret our sensations and symptoms as being physical dangers, then we can be one step ahead of potential cancer or heart attack. So we go on Google, we seek reassurance - anything to make us feel better.
Tags: Health Anxiety | Sensitive | Interpretation | Symptoms | Danger | Heart | Disease | Anxiety | Google | Reassurance | Validation |
43. When a symptom or fear arises, how are you talking to your body right now? Do you swim in that helplessness? Do you not show it to others and put up the mask all day long?
You have an inner dialogue with yourself when you have health anxiety. That inner dialogue must change. Make sure to think from your conscious mind, and not replaying the same ideas from yesterday.
Tags: Health Anxiety | Symptoms | Fear | Fight or Flight | Helpless | Anxiety | Yesterday | Swimming | Hiding Behind A Mask | Conscious |
44. Emotional Refractory period is a system that is meant to keep you in the same anxious state that you’re already in. It wants to keep you in a place of fear and deeply sensitized, keeping you looking over your shoulder for the next potential threat. It will take information from the outside world, that re-triggers the state that you are already in.
You will not perceive good things around you as good.
Walking on the road and feeling sensitized, wondering are there any people around who would help me if I have a panic attack, or worse.
Tags: Health Anxiety | Anxiety | Fear | Threatening | Trigger | Panic Attack |
45. You cannot always control what goes on outside.
But you can always control what goes on inside.
Tags: Yoga | Control | Controlling | Mind Control | Health Anxiety | Anxiety |
46. Law of substitution states that one cannot stop themselves from thinking about something.
For example, try not to think about the Statue of Liberty. See how that failed?
Your mind does not understand “don’t”.
Your mind actually processes it as “Think about Statue of Liberty.”
Similarly, if you keep repeating in your head “don’t think about symptoms of anxiety”, guess what happens.
Tags: Overthinking | Mental Health | Thoughts | Anxiety | Mind Control | Health Anxiety | Self Help | Panic Attack |
47. there is always something that you could imagine in your brain that could go wrong, and you could make yourself have a panic attack. Like, your body would actually respond to that.
That’s how powerful the thought process is.
Tags: Brain | Mind Control | Thoughts | Negativity | Future | Body | Thinking | Positive Thinking | Overthinking | Panic Attack | Anxiety | Health Anxiety | Mental Health |
48. Treatment for health anxiety is like a maze. You know the one where you pick a path, take a wrong turn and reach a dead end. Then you have to turn around and pick the right path.
if you are following uncertainty, you will 100% find yourself out of that maze and and you will find recovery.
at any point you choose certainty over uncertainty, you will run into a dead end and you will have to turn around and the only way out is through looking towards uncertainty.
that is the major concept of treatment for Health Anxiety, phobias and OCD.
Tags: Anxiety | Health Anxiety | Medicine | Mental Health | Phobia | OCD | Overthinking | Certainty | Uncertainty | Healing | Perfectionism |
49. There is a fine line between feeling Anxious and feeling excited. You can easily jump from one to the other.
If you feel anxious, you can say that you are actually excited.
Tags: Anxiety | Excitement |
50. Anxiety doesn’t go away if you try to ignore it, or gain reassurance from yourself or someone else,
The first thing to handling anxiety is to expect it to show up and plan a response which could just be just “acknowledgement”. Have a conversation with it.
Tags: Anxiety | Health Anxiety | Explanation | Planning | Conversation | Ignoring |
51. When thinking about the future, the brain generally thinks the worst possible case always. It never focuses on the amazing things that could happen in the future.
We are all constantly planning and worrying about the future.
Tags: Future | Anxiety | Health Anxiety | Brain | Negativity | Present | Worry |
52. A future catastrophic thought can make you feel uncomfortable in the body in the present moment.
On the contrary, you can experience a positive emotion from something good that’s already happened to you, again!
So why not multiply the good stuff in your brain.
Tags: Future | Anxiety | Health Anxiety | Uncomfortable | Sensation | Mental Health | Mental Wellness |
53. The four golden words to every negative thought you will ever have.
“is it really true?”
Tags: Thoughts | Overthinking | Negativity | Anxiety | Health Anxiety |
54. It is scientifically proven that you cannot suppress a negative thought by just ignoring it. The more you try not to think of something, the more you think of it.
Allow the negative thought to come. It doesn’t mean you agree with it. It just means that you are not running away from it and you’re not trying to suppress it or ignore it.
Tags: Negativity | Panic | Panic Attack | Anxiety | Health Anxiety | Overthinking |
55. when you are having a panic attack, it’s so incredibly painful that it feels like something is terribly wrong inside your body.
you feel like you are going to die.
That’s intense. If you are feeling that you are going to die there is not much more intensity than that.
Tags: Panic Attack | Panic | Thoughts | Feelings | Emotions | Mental Health | Anxiety | Health Anxiety | Heart | Death | Fear |
56. When you are having a panic attack, one simple line that can get you through the panic attack when you are having it is…
“this is uncomfortable, but it is not dangerous”
Tags: Panic Attack | Panic | Uncomfortable | Danger | Fear | Threatening | Thoughts | Heart | Mental Health | Health Anxiety | Anxiety |
57. We all have emotional baggage. When you just sit with yourself, all of that stuff will come up which is why when people begin meditating, sometimes some will find themselves crying or swamped with feelings.
With meditation, you allow the discomfort. You even welcome the emotions by saying “Here I am. What are you here to tell me”. And it begins to vanish.
Tags: Meditation | Anxiety | Emotions | Mental Health | Uncomfortable |
58. A lot of grief, sadness or anger that is being ignored or not dealt with can be a cause of feeling more anxious.
Tags: Fear | Relationship | Sadness | Mental Health | Divorce | Heart Break | Anxiety | Grief | Anger | Health Anxiety |