When you want to give up, tell yourself you will hold on for j ...
Home > Quotes > When you want to give up, tell yourself you will hold on for just one
1. When you want to give up, tell yourself you will hold on for just one more day, hour, minute - whatever you can manage.
Tags: Depression | Sad Love | Inspirational Women | Moving On | Instagram captions for Girls | Holding On |
Explore More Quotes
2. Life will break you.
Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won't either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning.
You have to love.
You have to feel.
It is the reason you are here on earth.
You are here to risk your heart.
You are here to be swallowed up.
And when it happens that you are broken, or betrayed, or left, or hurt, or death brushes near, let yourself sit by an apple tree and listen to the apples falling all around you in heaps, wasting their sweetness.
Tell yourself you tasted as many as you could.
Tags: Depression | Sad Love | Risk | Heart | Moving On | Love Quotes for Her |
3. There are two basic motivating forces: fear and love.
When we are afraid, we pull back from life.
When we are in love, we open to all that life has to offer with passion, excitement, and acceptance.
We need to learn to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections.
If we cannot love ourselves, we cannot fully open to our ability to love others or our potential to create.
Evolution and all hopes for a better world rest in the fearlessness and open-hearted vision of people who embrace life.
Tags: Depression | Fear | Heart | Love Quotes for Her |
4. Above all, don't lie to yourself.
The man who lies to himself and listens to his own lie comes to a point that he cannot distinguish the truth within him, or around him, and so loses all respect for himself and for others.
And having no respect he ceases to love.
Tags: Depression | Sad Love | Love | Short Quotes | Moving On | Inspirational |
5. Stop thinking too much. It is alright not to know all the answers.
Tags: Depression | Fear | Hugot Lines in English | Meaningful |
6. There are two ways to remove a Band-Aid : slowly and painfully, or quickly and painfully. Your choice.
Tags: Depression | Sad Love | Pain | Moving On | Slow |
7. You may not believe it now, but the way you're feeling will change.
Tags: Depression | Fear | Sad Love | Believe in Yourself | Change | Moving On | Motivational |
8. When you want to give up, tell yourself you will hold on for just one more day, hour, minute - whatever you can manage.
Tags: Depression | Sad Love | Inspirational Women | Moving On | Instagram captions for Girls | Holding On |
9. You won't always feel this way...
Tags: Depression | Fear | Sad Love | Believe in Yourself | Moving On | Motivational |
10. Be empty of worrying.
Think of who created thought!
Why do you stay in prison
When the door is so wide open?
Tags: Depression | Fear | Sad Love | Quotes that make you think | Meaningful | Moving On |
11. This being human is a guest house.
Every morning is a new arrival.
A joy, a depression, a meanness, some momentary awareness comes as an unexpected visitor...Welcome and entertain them all.
Treat each guest honorably.
The dark thought, the shame, the malice, meet them at the door laughing, and invite them in.
Be grateful for whoever comes, because each has been sent as a guide from beyond.
Tags: Depression | Quotes that make you think | Meaningful | Hitting Rock Bottom |
12. Sorrow prepares you for joy.
It violently sweeps everything out of your house, so that new joy can find space to enter.
It shakes the yellow leaves from the bough of your heart, so that fresh, green leaves can grow in their place.
It pulls up the rotten roots, so that new roots hidden beneath have room to grow.
Whatever sorrow shakes from your heart, far better things will take their place.
Tags: Depression | Sad Love | Heart | Quotes that make you think | Meaningful | Moving On |
13. Suffering is a gift.
In it is hidden mercy.
Tags: Depression | Failure | Quotes that make you think | Meaningful |
14. But listen to me. For one moment
quit being sad. Hear blessings
dropping their blossoms
Tags: Depression | Sad Love | Quotes that make you think | Meaningful | Moving On |
15. These pains you feel are messengers.
Listen to them.
Tags: Depression | Fear | Sad Love | Failure | Pain | Quotes that make you think | Meaningful | Moving On | Hitting Rock Bottom |
16. Give up to grace.
The ocean takes care of each wave 'til it gets to shore.
You need more help than you know.
Tags: Depression | Quotes that make you think | Meaningful |
17. Do not feel lonely, the entire universe is inside you.
Tags: Depression | Loneliness | Quotes that make you think | Meaningful | Universe |
18. Love is the cure,
for your pain will keep giving birth to more pain
until your eyes constantly exhale love as effortlessly as your body yields its scent.
Tags: Depression | Sad Love | Pain | Quotes that make you think | Meaningful | Moving On | Hitting Rock Bottom |
19. You’ll be okay. Not now, but soon.
Tags: Depression | Fear | Sad Love | Failure | Moving On | Hugot Lines in English |
20. You will always suffer if you have an emotional reaction to everything that is said to you.
True power is sitting back and observing things with logic.
True power is restraint.
If words control you, that means everyone else can control you.
Breathe, and allow things to pass.
Tags: Suffering | Emotional | Depression | Logic | Controlling | Life | Emotionally Drained |
21. If you have something about yourself that’s different, you’re lucky.
It’s not a curse.
Tags: Depression | Fear | Self Esteem | Meaningful |
22. Childhood trauma does not come in one single package
Tags: Trauma | Children | Depression |
23. Perfectionism hampers success. In fact, it’s often the path to depression, anxiety, addiction, and life-paralysis.
Tags: Depression | Success | Perfectionism | Anxiety | Paralysis | Addiction |
24. Sometimes talking to
is all you need.
Tags: Depression | Arguments | Sadness | Fight | Patience | Sabar | Mental Health | Relationship | Dunya | Needs | Motivational Islamic Quotes On Life |
25. Serious depression just during the PMS is not typical and should not be overlooked.
Tags: Mood Swings | Depression | Overlook |
26. " and the faithful ones whose hearts are comforted by the remembrance of God. Remembrance of God certainly brings comfort to all hearts."
[Quran - 13:28]
Tags: Faithful | Heart | Lord | Quran | Peace | Comfortable | Mood Swings | Depression | Sadness | Mental Health | Mental Wellness |
27. MDD (Major Depressive Disorder), also known as "clinical depression" is a mental disorder in which a person feels extreme sadness for long period of time.
Dysthmia (PDD) is a chronic form of depression
Tags: Mood Swings | Depression | Mental Health |
28. Bipolar Disorder - When your emotions range from extremely happy to extremely sad but it generally occurs only few times in a year.
Cyclothymic Disorder: Your mood goes up and down but it is a mild mood disorder and less severe than Bipolar disorder
Tags: Mood Swings | Mental Health | Depression | Happy | Sadness | Bipolar |
29. Personality Disorder Treatments
1. Psychotherapy - speaking with a therapist to better understand your feelings and learn how to manage stress and improve relationships and how to change negative thinking patterns
2. Medication - antidepressants help in improving depressed mood, anger or impulsivity. Mood stabilizers are for mood swings, irritability and anger; anti-psychotic and anti-anxiety medications
Tags: Personality Disorder | Psychology | Therapy | Relationship | Negativity | Medicine | Depression | OCD | Anxiety | Mood Swings | Impulsive | Irritated |
30. The depressed phase of Bipolar Disorder
-staying in bed for several days
-unmotivated, sad - even suicidal
Tags: Bipolar | Depression | Bed | Demotivational |
31. Alice Green: It's horrifying how much you can hate yourself for being low and weak and he couldn't save me from that. So I turned it on him; I tried to empty it onto him. But there was always more, you know. When he tried to help I told him that he made me feel small and worthless. But nobody makes us feel that, we do that for ourselves. I shut him out because I knew if he ever really saw who I was inside, that he wouldn't love me. And we're separated now, he's moved away, and it was so hard not to beg him to stay. And I don't know if I'm going to get a second chance but I have to believe. That I deserve one. Because we all do.
Tags: When A Man Loves A Woman | Depression | Worthless | Deserve | Giving Chances | Movie Love Quotes |
32. One day at a time is the secret to building momentum.
Tags: One day at a time | Motivational | Secret | Consistency | Health | Depression | Mental Health | Losing Job | Self Learning | Startup | Get Started | Inspirational |
33. Depression, anxiety, eating disorders, trauma, these are just a few examples of the forces that can lead to a tornado of pain. So what I would like to say in this room of powerful woman and men today is let’s work together to beckon the world towards kindness
Tags: Depression | Anxiety | Overeating | Trauma | Pain | Inspirational Women | Be Kind |
34. You don't reveal pain from the past because you can't stand the idea of being seen as vulnerable - then and now or you have convinced yourself that it didn't matter. That is a definite problem - in and of itself.
Tags: Pain | Past | Vulnerable | Convincing | Doesnt Matter | Problems | Mental Health | Depression |
35. The worst type of crying is the silent one.
The one when everyone is asleep.
The one when you feel it in your throat, and your eyes become blurry from the tears.
The one where you just want to scream.
The one where you have to hold your breath and grab your stomach to keep quiet.
The one where you can't breathe anymore.
Tags: Crying | Pain | Suffering | Mood Swings | Sleep | Eyes | Screaming | Breathing | Anxiety | Sadness | Depression |
36. Guilt Trip
A special kind of manipulation tactic. A manipulator suggests to the conscientious victim that he or she does not care enough, is too selfish or has it easy. This usually results in victim feeling bad, keeping them in self-doubt, anxious and submissive position.
Tags: Manipulation | Tactic | Victim | Guilt | Mind Games | Mind Control | Submissive | Anxiety | Self Doubt | Blame | Careless | Question | Mental Health | Depression | Jealousy |
37. There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
Tags: Risk | Flower | Blossom | Pain | Self Doubt | Mental Health | Depression |
38. If you do not learn the right way to deal with emotional pain, you increase your risk of major depression, addiction and suicide.
Tags: Emotions | Pain | Risk | Depression | Addiction | Suicide | Self Harm |
39. Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, first make sure that you are not in fact, just surrounding yourself with assholes.
Tags: Funny Depression | Depression | Diagnosis | Self Esteem |
40. If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.
Tags: Depression | Past | Present | Today | Future | Anxiety | Peace | Overthinking |
41. I saw a book titled "Anxiety and Depression for Dummies" yesterday in the store... Not sure if it is appropriate to label someone looking for mental help a "dummy".
Tags: Funny Depression | Anxiety | Depression | Dumbness | Self Help |
42. My memes are ironic but my depression is chronic.
Tags: Funny Depression | Depression | Irony |
43. Teacher: People with Depression never get anywhere in life. Student 1: My mom has depression, but she died.
Student 2: My sister has depression and she’s going to Therapy.
Student 3: My Dad Has depression, and he’s Doing REALLY Well
Tags: Funny Depression | Depression | Negativity | Good Vibes |
44. Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, Acceptance.
Tags: Funny Depression | Anger | Denial | Depression | Accept | Saturday | Sunday |
45. Darkness around her eyes reflect the darkness around her soul.
Tags: Dark Circles | Depression | Mental Health | Sadness | Grief |
46. Corporal punishment has been
associated with a variety of psychological and behavioral disorders in children and
adults, including anxiety, depression, withdrawal, low self-esteem, impulsiveness,
delinquency and substance abuse
Tags: Corporal Punishment | Anxiety | Depression | Self Esteem | Abuse | Emotional Abuse |
47. I’ve been searching for ways to heal myself, and I’ve found that kindness is the best way.
Tags: Be Kind | Healing | Mental Health | Depression |
48. No One Watches The Show To Feel Feelings. Life Is Depressing Enough Already.
Tags: Bojack Horseman | Feelings | Depression |
49. I don’t understand how people… live. It’s amazing to me that people wake up every morning and say: ‘Yeah, another day, let’s do it.
Tags: Bojack Horseman | Depression | Demotivational |
50. I spend a lot of time with the real me and believe me, nobody’s gonna love that guy.
Tags: Bojack Horseman | Depression | Self Hate |
51. Science experiments have found that people who practice meditation release significantly lower doses of cortisol, known as the stress hormone. This is consequential because frequent release of cortisol can lead to heart disease, diabetes, dementia, cancer, and depression.
Tags: Science | Meditation | Cortisol | Stress | Diabetes | Dementia | Cancer | Depression |