When a man dies, his acts come to an end, but three, recurring ...
1. When a man dies, his acts come to an end, but three, recurring charity, or knowledge (by which people) benefit, or a pious son, who prays for him (for the deceased).
[Sahih Muslim 1631]
Explore More Quotes
2. When a man dies, his acts come to an end, but three, recurring charity, or knowledge (by which people) benefit, or a pious son, who prays for him (for the deceased).
[Sahih Muslim 1631]
3. And of His signs is that He created for you from yourselves mates that you may find tranquillity in them; and He placed between you affection and mercy. Indeed in that are signs for a people who give thought.
4. Whoever takes a path upon which to obtain knowledge, Allah makes the path to Paradise easy for him.
[Jami` at-Tirmidhi 2646]
5. "And they ask you (O Muhammad SAW) concerning the Ruh (the Spirit); Say: "The Ruh (the Spirit): it is one of the things, the knowledge of which is only with my Lord. And of knowledge, you (mankind) have been given only a little."
6. Quran Chapter 91
(7) "and by the soul and that (Power) which designed it"
(8) "and inspired it with knowledge of evil and piety,"
(9) "those who purify their souls will certainly have everlasting happiness"
7. The path to the Truth is a labour of the heart, not of the head. Make your heart your primary guide! Not your mind. Meet, challenge and ultimately prevail over your nafs with your heart. Knowing your ego will lead you to the knowledge of God.
8. If you don't come out of this quarantine with
- a new skill
- your side hustle started
- more knowledge
You never lacked time, you lacked discipline.
9. It's sad how some people are so jealous and intimidated by you that they only have negative things to say when they know absolutely nothing about you.
10. What you don’t see with your eyes, don’t witness with your mouth.
11. A sign of a lover of wisdom is his delight in not running his mouth about things he doesn't know.
12. Being at ease with not knowing is crucial for answers to come to you.
13. Knowledge is not necessarily wisdom.
14. If those who do not possess knowledge avoid the scholarly discussions, disagreement will end.
15. The hustle brings the dollar.
The experience brings the knowledge.
The persistence brings success.
16. I’m a great dad because I know what it’s like not to be a good dad.
17. Turning 40 is often a big symbolic point in one's life. In the 20s we feel we can do anything, but as the 30s progress we become more mature emotionally, and in terms of work tend to focus. These two things combined: emotional maturity and career focus, often produced an explosion of self-purpose in our 40s.
18. Lory Quotes:
I’m older than you, and must know better.
19. To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of shit.
20. Knowledge is knowing that a Tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
21. Everything worth knowing can be found in nature.
22. It is important to view knowledge as sort of a semantic tree -- make sure you understand the fundamental principles, i.e. the trunk and big branches, before you get into the leaves/details or there is nothing for them to hang on to.
23. You can give a person knowledge, but you can't make them think. Some people want to remain fools, only because the truth requires change.
24. It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge.
25. Don't be in a hurry to condemn because he doesn't do what you do or think as you think or as fast. There was a time when you didn't know what you know today
Tags: Tolerance | Arguments | Relationship | Self Learning | Demeaning | Teacher | Experiential Learning | Learning Curve | Learning | Disapproval | Walk In My Shoes | I Dont Know | Knowledge | Etiquette |
26. Wealth is not in money. Wealth lies in men. This is where true power lies, the power we value. This is what has convinced us to direct all our resources to build the individual, and to use the wealth which God has provided us in the service of the nation.
27. The real asset of any advanced nation is its people, especially the educated ones, and the prosperity and success of the people are measured by the standard of their education.
28. We can only enjoy the game when we master its techniques.
29. Knowitall is the person who prides themselves on the vast knowledge of a variety of subjects.
Indeed they could be smart, or a storehouse of useless or incorrect trivia.
regardless, they have a hard time participating in conversations without appearing to be a show off.
30. The best way to handle a know it all is to take a curious subordinate role.
interact by asking “how” or “What” questions.
tap into their knowledge. it feeds the ego of the know it all, And potentially it allows them to change their position or point of view as they are explaining something to you.
avoid the “why“ questions as they may be perceived as a challenge.
remember to thank a know it all for their contribution.