Understanding what triggers you to self-harm is a vital step t ...
Self Harm Quotes
1. Understanding what triggers you to self-harm is a vital step to recovery.
Explore More Quotes
2. Why people self-harm:
"It puts a punctuation mark on what I’m feeling on the inside!"
3. Why people self-harm:
"It’s a way to have control over my body because I can’t control anything else in my life."
4. Why people self-harm:
"I usually feel like I have a black hole in the pit of my stomach, at least if I feel pain it’s better than feeling nothing."
5. Relief from self-harming is only temporary, and is followed by feelings of guilt & shame. It also takes you away from getting to know the actual ways that will make you feel better.
6. Do not feel ashamed if you have intentionally harmed yourself. Hiding it is a heavy burden.
7. You can hurt yourself badly, even if you don't mean to.
8. If you do not learn the right way to deal with emotional pain, you increase your risk of major depression, addiction and suicide.
9. Self-harm is addictive. It turns into a compulsive behavior that controls you, and once started - it seems impossible to stop.
10. It does not matter how lonely, worthless, or trapped you may be feeling right now, there are so many more effective ways to overcome the underlying issues that is leading you to self-harm.
11. Let go of your secret. Tell someone that you have self-harmed or thinking to harm yourself. It is quiet therapeutic and can be a huge relief.
12. When you share something that might potentially harm you, remember that reactions such as shock, anger and fear come out of concern for you.
13. Understanding what triggers you to self-harm is a vital step to recovery.
14. Why do people self-harm?
They choose harming themselves as a way of dealing with emotional pain.
15. Feelings that make one cut or hurt themselves:
16. Self harm is a form of expression of your pain and intense emotions. Express it through other means such as writing a journal, write a song, take a bath, cuddle a pet, call a friend, exercise, punch a cushion or a mattress or scream into your pillow, squeeze a stress ball, Rip something up (paper, magazine), place rubber bands on your wrist, arms or legs and snap instead of cutting.
17. Warning signs of cutting or self-harming: Unexplained wounds, blood stains on clothing or blood-soaked tissues, sharp objects in pocket, frequent "accidents", wearing long sleeves and long pants,
18. People who self-harm don't do it because they need attention. They do it in secret. They are not trying to manipulate or seek attention. In fact, shame and guilt can make it difficult to tell someone that they have harmed themselves.
19. Tagging a person who self-harms as "crazy" or "dangerous" is neither helpful, nor correct. Self-injury is a means they took in order to cope from their pain. They need your help, not your tags.
20. People who self-harm don't want to die. They are not trying to kill themselves, in fact they are trying to live with the pain. People who self-harm have a very high risk of suicide so they need to seek immediate attention and help.
21. Minor injuries does not mean its not serious. Self-harming is always serious, and should not be taken lightly.
22. I cut myself because you wouldn't let me cry.
I cried because you wouldn't let me speak.
I spoke because you wouldn't let me shine.
I shone because I thought you loved me...
23. Self-pity is spiritual suicide. It is an indefensible self-mutilation of the soul.
24. Wrists are for bracelets and watches, not cutting.
25. No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
26. Revenge is not in my plans. You’ll ruin yourself on your own.
27. Self Harm Poem:
An empty room, an empty girl. Sitting silent on the floor. Her sleeve rolled up, exposing skin. She drags the blade and presses in.
The pain it brings cannot compare. To the joy she knows will soon be there. It’s worth the scars that never heal. For just a moment not to feel.
Just a cut, Just a scratch. “Whats that mark?” “It was the cat.”
Just an excuse. Just a lie, “Whats with all the bracelets?” “Just fashion, why?”
Just a tear. Just a scream. “Why were you crying?” “Just a bad dream.”
But is not just a cut, Or tear, or a lie. It’s always “just one more.” Until you die.
Scars on your soul. Scars on your skin. Some on the outside. Some are within. Some have a story. Some are unwritten. Some you can see, But most are quite hidden.
Hush little baby, Don’t you cry. Don’t cut your arms. Don’t say goodbye. Put down the razor, Put down the knife. It may be hard, But you will win this fight.
From darker clouds, And blackened skies, Through deeper scars, And all your lies. She cried. She wanted to die. “I am fine” She lied.
28. Gasping between breaths, alone and scared.
My freedom awaits me, I’m already prepared.
Anxiety peaks, madness ensues,
Shame takes over, insanity looms.