To wish was to hope, and to hope was to expect
1. To wish was to hope, and to hope was to expect
Explore More Quotes
2. Never love anyone who treats you like you're ordinary.
3. I heard what you said.
I’m not the silly romantic you think.
I don’t want the heavens or the shooting stars.
I don’t want gemstones or gold.
I have those things already.
I want … a steady hand.
A kind soul.
I want to fall asleep, and wake, knowing my heart is safe.
I want to love, and be loved.
4. What I want is to be needed.
What I need is to be indispensable to somebody.
Who I need is somebody that will eat up all my free time, my ego, my attention.
Somebody addicted to me.
A mutual addiction.
5. On Earning: Never depend on single income. Make investment to create a second source.
On Spending: If you buy things you do not need, soon you will have to sell things you need.
On Savings: Do not save what is left AFTER SPENDING, but spend what is left AFTER SAVING.
On Taking Risk: Never Test the depth of the river with both feet.
On Investment: Do not put all eggs in one basket.
On Expectations: Honesty is a very expensive gift. Do not expect it from cheap people.
6. Oh Lovers!
Be careful in those dangerous first days!
Once you've brought breakfast in bed, you'll have to bring it forever, unless you want to be accused of lovelessness and betrayal.
7. In life, you don’t get what you deserve.
You get what you negotiate.
8. Having someone do certain things for you is like getting someone to chew your food for you.
It might be easier to swallow but it loses all its flavor...
And you want the flavor!
- Ze Frank
9. A secret to happiness is letting every situation be what it is, instead of what you think it should be.
10. Never Compare your wife to another woman. If the other woman was good for you. Allah would have given her to you.
11. It takes an advanced sense of humor.
I don't expect everybody to understand.
12. Boundaries in relationships can be much more difficult to create and honor. And if its a boundary that someone does not inherently wants or understands - then there maybe huge problems because that boundary can just be crossed again and again.
13. If Nike opened a Hotel, I think we would be able to guess pretty accurately what it would be like.
If Hyatt came out with sneakers, we'd have no clue, because Hyatt doesn't have a brand. They have a Logo. If you swapped the logos, I would'nt know if I am in a Hyatt or a Hilton. No Brand. When you have a brand, you have made promise to people and people have expectations.
Tags: Branding | Marketing | Digital Marketing | Strategy | Planning | Entrepreneurship | Social Media | Logo | Design | Promise | Expectations | Customer Service | Customer Engagement | Customer Experience |
14. How beautiful it is to stay silent when someone expects you to be very angry.
15. Feel sorry for the unfortunate men who missed out on a good girl because they were brainwashed by the standards of beauty taught to them by the society.
Tags: Unfortunate | Men | Expectations | Beauty | Lost | Opportunity | Decision | Bias | Society | Pressure | Self Awareness | Girl Power | Instagram captions for Girls | Loss | Opinion | BBW | Standards | Brainwashing |
16. If you think the grass is greener on the other side, it's because it's fertilized with bullshit.
17. The grass is always greener. You think how wonderful it would be to be someone else, but I don't think I would like it. I'm thrilled to observe other people, but I don't want to be in their shoes. If I got there, I might find it not quite what I expected, and it would break my illusion, and I don't want that!
18. Act with kindness but do not expect gratitude.
19. Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you.
20. Be willing to give, but only when you aren't expecting anything in return.
21. Either you know what you want and then you don't get what you want, or you get what you want and then you don't know what you want.
22. Don't grieve for what doesn't come. Some things that don't happen keep disasters from happening.
23. If you expect nothing from somebody you are never disappointed.
24. When you stop expecting people to be perfect, you can like them for who they are.
25. I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.
26. You are most powerful when you are most silent. People never expect silence. They expect words, motion, defense, offense, back and forth. They expect to leap into the fray. They are ready, fists up, words hanging leaping from their mouths.
27. I find my life is a lot easier the lower I keep my expectations.
28. My expectations were reduced to zero when I was 21. Everything since then has been a bonus.
29. If you're going to say what you want to say, you're going to hear what you don't want to hear.
30. You can't expect everyone to have the same dedication as you.
31. To wish was to hope, and to hope was to expect
32. You are your own worst enemy. If you can learn to stop expecting impossible perfection, in yourself and others, you may find the happiness that has always eluded you.
33. There were two ways to be happy: improve your reality, or lower your expectations
34. He was swimming in a sea of other people’s expectations. Men had drowned in seas like that.
35. I mean, like most guys, you carry around this girl in your head, who is exactly who you want her to be. The person you think you will love the most. And every girl you are with gets measured against this girl in your head.
36. That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.
37. Whatever it is you’re seeking won’t come in the form you’re expecting.
38. Life’s under no obligation to give us what we expect.
39. Peace begins when expectation ends.
40. I kept my expectations low, which is one of the secrets of life.
41. Sometimes the stuff you expect to happen can hurt you.
42. You become a true philanthropist only when you empty yourself to be a blessing to others without expecting anything in return.
43. Some examples of showing empathy.
“You seem to be stressed out by work“
“You are frustrated that I didn’t call you as I promised“
44. Anger is a primary emotion that quickly triggers the brain - within 1/20th of a second. We often are primed to get angry because we are experiencing “other” issues like Low self-worth, unmet goals, disappointments, abuse, expectations, fear, selfishness, sins, skill deficits, stress or other emotional or relationship problems.
Tags: Anger | Emotions | Trigger | Brain | Self Worth | Life Goals | Relationship Goals | Disappointment | Abuse | Emotional Abuse | Expectations | Fear | Selfishness | Sinner | Soft Skills | Stress | Relationship | Anxiety |
45. You get angry when you think that you are losing something, things are not going the way you think they should, or when your needs aren’t met.
46. do you react in situation rather than think it through?
someone calls you an inconsiderate idiot and you feel angry.
someone cuts in front of you on the freeway and you feel angry.
someone attacks your friend and you feel angry.
someone tells you that you will not get the pay increase that you think you deserve, and you feel angry.
What causes you to feel anger? what do all of the situations have in common?
47. How come I have Health Anxiety?
Health anxiety is a result of extreme love for life. Health anxiety is a result of years and years of worry full ways of perceiving, acting and imagining based off of previous experiences. You didn’t get here by accident. You were conditioned, programmed, you saw things that messed with your interpretations of yourself and life. You experienced certain situations that went against what you wanted to happen.
48. Health Anxiety symptoms, most of the time, are reflection of experiences from the past that have lead to your sensitized state.
Symptoms may seem physical but it is in-fact a deeper underlying challenge related to a time where you froze in your life, felt helpless, and you couldn’t express yourself; or a time in your life where your expectations weren’t met and you felt lost and disconnected.
49. 10 things severe health anxiety sufferers don’t do:
1. surround with negative people.
2. look up their new symptoms of anxiety online.
3. looking for instant results and expecting on when the recovery will be achieved.
4. They stop scanning for the bad and begin focusing on the good.
5. Don’t turn to a doctor for answers each and every time a new challenge comes up.
6. They stop playing the victim card when speaking to others.
7. Don’t speed through life.
8. Know the difference between good advice and bad advice.
9. Stop avoiding everything you fear. One brave step can create incredible momentum. Talking back to body zaps to let your subconscious know that YOU KNOW that it’s caused by anxiety.
10. They know that they are not a mind reader and they don’t try to fit in.