Thinkspo: Anorexia (an-o-REK-see-uh) nervosa — often simply ...
Anorexia (an-o-REK-see-uh) nervosa — often simply called anorexia — is an eating disorder characterized by an abnormally low body weight, an intense fear of gaining weight and a distorted perception of weight. People with anorexia place a high value on controlling their weight and shape, using extreme efforts that tend to significantly interfere with their lives.
Explore More Quotes
2. Giving in to food shows weakness, be strong, and you’ll be better than everyone else
Anorexia Nervosa (AN) essentially refers to a mental illness affecting both genders, but primarily females, whereby an individual has irregular perceptions of their body image.
4. Do not give up what you most want for what you want at the moment.
5. An imperfect body reflects an imperfect soul
6. Craving is only a feeling
7. If it was easy, everybody will be thin
8. If it tastes good, it’s trying to kill you
9. Calories CAN NOT make you happy
10. Everytime you say no to food, you say yes to thin
11. Do you really want to be that weight for the rest of your life?
12. I’ve come too far to take orders from a cookie.
13. This may come as a surprise to a lot of people, but a person does not have to be skinny in order to be healthy, happy and loved.
14. Self-love is respecting my beautiful body. Yes it is beautiful.
15. You're damned if you're too thin and you're damned if you're too heavy. According to the press I've been both. It's impossible to satisfy everyone and I suggest we stop trying.
Tags: Thinspo | Tiny | Overweight | Body | BBW | Satisfaction | Validation | Gossip | Treating Badly | Rude | Shame | Guilt | Stop | Trying | Hard To Impress | Standards | Girl Power | Self Esteem | Society |
"I love you to the bones."
This is the vocabulary of a burgeoning subculture of web sites known as "pro-ana," meaning pro-anorexia. Created primarily by young women who have anorexia or bulimia, or are in recovery from one or both of the disorders, these sites have been making headlines and horrifying parents and doctors for several years.
17. Even I don't wake up looking like Cindy Crawford
18. For young women, I would say, don't worry so much about your weight. Girls spend way too much time thinking about that, and there are better things…what makes you different or weird, that's your strength
19. You can’t really invest in your looks as your only ‘thing’ because it is a depreciating asset. Put your money, put your effort, invest in your brain and talent which will appreciate and get better as you get older.
20. It’s all about accepting yourself the way you are. If you want to work towards a better you in whatever regards… do it. But you’re okay just the way you are today