There is a candle in your heart, ready to be kindled. There ...
1. There is a candle in your heart, ready to be kindled.
There is a void in your soul, ready to be filled.
You feel it, don't you?
Explore More Quotes
2. Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it?
It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up.
You build up all these defenses, you build up a whole suit of armor, so that nothing can hurt you, then one stupid person, no different from any other stupid person, wanders into your stupid life...You give them a piece of you.
They didn't ask for it.
They did something dumb one day, like kiss you or smile at you, and then your life isn't your own anymore.
Love takes hostages.
It gets inside you. It eats you out and leaves you crying in the darkness, so simple a phrase like 'maybe we should be just friends' turns into a glass splinter working its way into your heart.
Not just in the imagination. Not just in the mind. It's a soul-hurt, a real gets-inside-you-and-rips-you-apart pain.
I hate love.
3. You may not be her first, her last, or her only.
She loved before she may love again.
But if she loves you now, what else matters?
She's not perfect—you aren't either, and the two of you may never be perfect together but if she can make you laugh, cause you to think twice, and admit to being human and making mistakes, hold onto her and give her the most you can.
She may not be thinking about you every second of the day, but she will give you a part of her that she knows you can break — her heart.
So don't hurt her, don't change her, don't analyze and don't expect more than she can give.
Smile when she makes you happy, let her know when she makes you mad, and miss her when she's not there.
4. To love at all is to be vulnerable.
Love anything and your heart will be wrung and possibly broken.
If you want to make sure of keeping it intact you must give it to no one, not even an animal.
Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements.
Lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket, safe, dark, motionless, airless, it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable.
To love is to be vulnerable.
5. Life will break you.
Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won't either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning.
You have to love.
You have to feel.
It is the reason you are here on earth.
You are here to risk your heart.
You are here to be swallowed up.
And when it happens that you are broken, or betrayed, or left, or hurt, or death brushes near, let yourself sit by an apple tree and listen to the apples falling all around you in heaps, wasting their sweetness.
Tell yourself you tasted as many as you could.
6. There are two basic motivating forces: fear and love.
When we are afraid, we pull back from life.
When we are in love, we open to all that life has to offer with passion, excitement, and acceptance.
We need to learn to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections.
If we cannot love ourselves, we cannot fully open to our ability to love others or our potential to create.
Evolution and all hopes for a better world rest in the fearlessness and open-hearted vision of people who embrace life.
7. Every heart sings a song, incomplete, until another heart whispers back. Those who wish to sing always find a song. At the touch of a lover, everyone becomes a poet.
8. This is a good sign, having a broken heart. It means we have tried for something.
9. I heard what you said.
I’m not the silly romantic you think.
I don’t want the heavens or the shooting stars.
I don’t want gemstones or gold.
I have those things already.
I want … a steady hand.
A kind soul.
I want to fall asleep, and wake, knowing my heart is safe.
I want to love, and be loved.
10. No matter how corrupt, greedy, and heartless our government, our corporations, our media, and our religious & charitable institutions may become, the music will still be wonderful.
11. Politics and prostitution have to be the only jobs where inexperience is considered a virtue. In what other profession would you brag about not knowing stuff? “I’m not one of those fancy Harvard heart surgeons. I’m just an unlicensed plumber with a dream and I’d like to cut your chest open.” The crowd cheers.
- Tina Fey
12. When we love something, emotion often drives our actions.
This is the gift and the challenge entrepreneurs face every day.
The companies we dream of and build from scratch are part of us and intensely personal.
They are our families. Our lives.
But the entrepreneurial journey is not for everyone.
Yes, the highs are high and the rewards can be thrilling.
But the lows can break your heart.
Entrepreneurs must love what they do to such a degree that doing it is worth sacrifice and, at times, pain.
But doing anything else, we think, would be unimaginable
Tags: Heart |
13. If you are thinking about making some adjustments in your life to allow you to help change the world, my heartfelt recommendation is not to spend too much time thinking about it.
Just dive in.
14. My heart is so small
it's almost invisible.
How can You place
such big sorrows in it?
"Look," He answered,
"your eyes are even smaller,
yet they behold the world.
15. There is a candle in your heart, ready to be kindled.
There is a void in your soul, ready to be filled.
You feel it, don't you?
16. Goodbyes are only for those who love with their eyes.
Because for those who love with heart and soul there is no such thing as separation.
17. Sorrow prepares you for joy.
It violently sweeps everything out of your house, so that new joy can find space to enter.
It shakes the yellow leaves from the bough of your heart, so that fresh, green leaves can grow in their place.
It pulls up the rotten roots, so that new roots hidden beneath have room to grow.
Whatever sorrow shakes from your heart, far better things will take their place.
18. You have to keep breaking your heart until it opens.
19. That which God said to the rose, and caused it to laugh in full-blown beauty, He said to my heart, and made it a hundred times more beautiful.
20. Only from the heart can you touch the sky.
21. I searched for God among the Christians and on the Cross and therein I found Him not.
I went into the ancient temples of idolatry; no trace of Him was there.
I entered the mountain cave of Hira and then went as far as Qandhar but God I found not.
With set purpose I fared to the summit of Mount Caucasus and found there only 'anqa's habitation.
Then I directed my search to the Kaaba, the resort of old and young; God was not there even.
Turning to philosophy I inquired about him from ibn Sina but found Him not within his range.
I fared then to the scene of the Prophet's experience of a great divine manifestation only a "two bow-lengths' distance from him" but God was not there even in that exalted court.
Finally, I looked into my own heart and there I saw Him; He was nowhere else.
22. Let's get away from
all the clever humans
who put words in our mouth
let's only say what our hearts desire.
23. Beauty attracts the eye but personality captures the heart.
24. He grabbed my hand and that’s when I felt my heart beat for the very first time.
25. "Whoever has a mustard seed's weight of pride (arrogance) in his heart, shall not be admitted into Paradise. And whoever has a mustard seed's weight of faith in his heart, shall not be admitted into the Fire."
[Jami` at-Tirmidhi 1998]
26. "There will be bounties which no eye has seen, no ear has heard and no human heart has ever perceived."
27. The world that beats for Allah is always a stranger among the hearts that beat for the dunya (world).
28. Never trust your tongue when your heart is bitter.
29. A person’s tongue can give you a taste of his heart.
30. God is with the broken-hearted. When your heart breaks, it’s a good thing – the breaking of the heart is what opens it up to the light of Allah. The dunya is designed to break your heart, to crush it.
31. This world cannot break you—unless you give it permission. And it cannot own you unless you hand it the keys—unless you give it your heart. And so, if you have handed those keys to dunya for a while—take them back. This isn’t the End. You don’t have to die here. Reclaim your heart and place it with its rightful owner:
32. Beauty is complete when hearts are pure.
33. "...it is not the eyes that grow blind, but it is the hearts which are in the breasts that grow blind."'
34. Don't ever abuse a kind heart,
You may never be offered one again.
35. Give your heart to Allah and he will give it to someone who deserves it.
May Allah grant us the best.
36. Don't sell your akhira by letting people in this dunya break you so much that you lose the warmth of your heart and the kindness of the soul.
37. 4 Poisons of the Heart.
1. Unnecessary talking
2. Unrestrained glances
3. Too much food
4. Keeping bad company
38. If you have much, give off your wealth; If you have little, give of your heart.
39. Tawakkul (Putting trust in Allah) brings peace in the heart of believers.
40. " and the faithful ones whose hearts are comforted by the remembrance of God. Remembrance of God certainly brings comfort to all hearts."
[Quran - 13:28]
41. "O mankind! there hath come to you a direction from your Lord and a healing for the (diseases) in your hearts,- and for those who believe, a guidance and a Mercy."
42. The path to the Truth is a labour of the heart, not of the head. Make your heart your primary guide! Not your mind. Meet, challenge and ultimately prevail over your nafs with your heart. Knowing your ego will lead you to the knowledge of God.
43. Keep your head up. Keep your heart strong.
44. Patience (Sabar) is that the heart does not feel anger towards that which is destined, and the mouth does not complain.
45. Most people are only concerned with their own heart, they don’t care if they break yours.
46. Selfishness comes from poverty in the heart, from the belief that love is not abundant.
47. What is in our hearts, we will reveal by our words and our deeds.
48. If we are thankful for what we have, our hearts will find peace.
49. Victory will not lead us to arrogance or laziness. We prefer to win one heart rather than a thousand castles. Our goal will be to bring humanity together.
50. The tears we shed, water the gardens in our hearts.
51. The tongue is only a messenger of the heart.
52. Have patience with everything that remains unsolved in your heart.
...live in the question.
53. Conceal your heart, control your mouth. Beware of releasing the restraints in you; Listen if you want to endure in the mouth of the hearers. Speak after you have mastered the craft.
54. You have no idea how much my heart races when I see you.
55. Throughout life people will make you mad, disrespect you and treat you bad. Let God deal with the things they do, cause hate in your heart will consume you too.
56. crying is how your heart feels, when your lips can't explain the pain you feel.
57. tears come from the heart, and not the brain.
58. Any fool can be happy. It takes a man with real heart to make beauty out of the stuff that makes us weep.
59. I think my mom put it best. She said "Little girls soften their daddy's hearts".
60. Do not let fear capture your heart, as long as I am with you.