The only art I’ll ever study is stuff that I can steal from. ...
Home > Quotes > The only art I’ll ever study is stuff that I can steal from.
1. The only art I’ll ever study is stuff that I can steal from.
Explore More Quotes
2. You dance inside my chest,
where no one sees you,
but sometimes I do, and that
sight becomes this art.
Tags: Art | Quotes that make you think | Meaningful |
3. Being good in business is the most fascinating kind of Art.
Tags: Business | Art | Aesthetic |
4. The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook.
Tags: Art | Leadership | Overlook | Wise | Management |
5. I'm trying to figure out if I love art enough to be poor.
Tags: Funny | Art | Poor | Funny | Art | Poor | Figuring It Out | Social Entrepreneurship | Quotes that will make you cry | Aesthetic |
6. The way we’re running the company, the product design, the advertising, it all comes down to this:
Let’s make it simple. Really simple.
Tags: Art | Design | Product | Simple | Advertising |
7. A pursuit for perfection is the most leading cause of procrastination in artists.
Tags: Perfectionism | Procrastination | Art | Aesthetic |
8. Perfectionism kills art. I find that if I criticise myself, it spoils the fun. You can get paralysed by analysis - it takes all the playfulness away.
Tags: Perfectionism | Art | Criticism | Playful | Spoiled | Paralysis | Aesthetic |
9. In a room full of art, I'd still stare at you.
Tags: Quotes to make her smile | Smile captions for Instagram | Art | Stare | Aesthetic | Cute |
10. In any profession, when you lose yourself, you become the art.
Tags: Art | Music | Fun | Work Life | Work Motivation | Get Started | Motivational |
11. Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it.
Tags: Leadership | Art | Taking Advantage | Mind Games |
12. Gardening is the art that uses flowers and plants as paint, and the soil and sky as canvas.
Tags: Garden | Art | Flower | Plant | Painting | Soil | Sky |
13. Sarcasm isn't an attitude.
It's an Art.
Tags: Aesthetic | Sarcasm | Attitude | Art |
14. It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge.
Tags: Art | Teacher | Joy | Creative | Knowledge | Teachers Day |
15. Cinema is the ultimate pervert art. It doesn't give you what you desire - it tells you how to desire.
Tags: Art | Pervert | Desires | Subculture |
16. If I could say it in words there would be no reason to paint.
Tags: Art | No Reason | Painting |
17. I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn’t say any other way—things I had no words for.
Tags: Art | Unsaid Words | Painting |
18. While drawing I discover what I really want to say.
- Dario Fo
Tags: Art | Unsaid Words | Drawing |
19. Art is a line around your thoughts.
20. The emotions are sometimes so strong that I work without knowing it. The strokes come like speech.
Tags: Art | Emotions | Work Motivation | Speech |
21. Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get the work done. If you wait around for the clouds to part and a bolt of lightning to strike you in the brain, you're not going to make an awful lot of work.
Tags: Art | Perfectionism | Inspirational | Work Motivation | Work Tip | Light |
22. An artist is not paid for his labor but for his vision.
23. Art is never finished, only abandoned.
24. A true artist is not one who is inspired, but one who inspires others.
Tags: Art | Inspirational | Inspiring Others |
25. She never looked nice. She looked like art, and art wasn't supposed to look nice; it was supposed to make you feel something.
Tags: Art | Nice | Feelings | Mixed Feelings | Feel Good |
26. Painting is poetry that is seen rather than felt, and poetry is painting that is felt rather than seen.
Tags: Art | Painting | Poetry | Feel Good |
27. Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up.
Tags: Art | Children | Childrens Day | Raising Children |
28. A true masterpiece does not tell everything.
Tags: Art | Silence | Silence Speaks Louder Than Words | Bigger Picture |
29. Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working.
Tags: Art | Inspirational | Work Motivation | Work Hard |
30. Art and love are the same thing: It’s the process of seeing yourself in things that are not you.
Tags: Art | Love | Unconditional Love |
31. Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time.
Tags: Art | Finding Yourself |
32. Anybody can look at a pretty girl and see a pretty girl. An artist can look at a pretty girl and see the old woman she will become. A better artist can look at an old woman and see the pretty girl that she used to be. But a great artist-a master-and that is what Auguste Rodin was-can look at an old woman, protray her exactly as she is...and force the viewer to see the pretty girl she used to be...and more than that, he can make anyone with the sensitivity of an armadillo, or even you, see that this lovely young girl is still alive, not old and ugly at all, but simply prisoned inside her ruined body. He can make you feel the quiet, endless tragedy that there was never a girl born who ever grew older than eighteen in her heart...no matter what the merciless hours have done to her. Look at her, Ben. Growing old doesn't matter to you and me; we were never meant to be admired-but it does to them.
Tags: Art | Pretty | Old Age | Good Old Days | Perception | Ugly Girl | Growing Up |
33. Art is not what you see, but what you make others see.
Tags: Art | Perspective |
34. It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure.
Tags: Art | Scientific | Logic | Solution | Feelings |
35. Artists are just children who refuse to put down their crayons.
Tags: Art | Children | Growing Up | Refusal | Drawing |
36. Life is sometimes hard. Things go wrong, in life and in love and in business and in friendship and in health and in all other ways that life can go wrong. And when things get tough, this is what you should do. Make good art.
Tags: Art | Life Struggle | Inspirational | Work Motivation |
37. More important than a work of art itself is what it will sow. Art can die, a painting can disappear. What counts is the seed.
Tags: Art | You Reap What You Sow | Painting | Seed |
38. Creativity is taking the best skills and techniques from experts around you and improving upon them.
39. The first mistake of art is to assume that it's serious.
Tags: Art | Seriousness |
40. Paintings have a life of their own that derives from the painter's soul.
41. Art is longer than life.
42. Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
43. The only place where you can break the rules legally is in art.
44. art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable.
Tags: Art | Comfortable | Uncomfortable |
45. Art has a voice.
Let it speak.
Tags: Art | Voice | Silence Speaks Louder Than Words |
46. The artist's mission is to enlarge your vision.
47. The artist is not a special kind of person, rather each person is a special kind of artist.
Tags: Art | You Are Not Special |
48. I am an artist and I don't need to make sense.
Tags: Art | Nonsense | Common Sense |
49. You are much more than what you create.
50. Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes.
Art is knowing which ones to keep.
Tags: Art | Creative | Mistake |
51. The artist must train not only his eye but also his soul.
Tags: Art | Eyes | Soul | Soul Searching |
52. He who works with his hands is a laborer. He who works with his hands and his head is a craftsman. He who works with his hands and his head and his heart is an artist.
Tags: Art | Labor | Smart | Heart | Work Motivation |
53. You can look at a picture for a week and never think of it again. You can also look at the picture for a second and think of it all your life.
54. The artist sees what others only catch a glimpse of.
Tags: Art | Glimpse | Unseen |
55. Learning to draw is really a matter of learning to see - to see correctly - and that means a good deal more than merely looking with the eye.
Tags: Drawing | Art | Painting | Eyes |
56. The true use of art is, first, to cultivate the artist’s own spiritual nature.
Tags: Art | Work Culture | Spirituality |
57. If I could say it in words there would be no reason to paint.
Tags: Art | Painting | Unsaid Words |
58. I shut my eyes in order to see.
59. Every artist was first an amateur.
60. Have no fear of perfection, you'll never reach it.
Tags: Perfectionism | Never Do This | Art |
61. If you hear a voice within you say ‘you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.
62. Don’t think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it’s good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art.
Tags: Art | Get Over It | Done | Decision | Criticism | Ignoring | Work Motivation |
63. No great artist ever sees things as they really are. If he did, he would cease to be an artist.