1. The guilty dog barks first.
Explore More Quotes
2. Emotional blackmail is the use of fear, obligation, and guilt to control another person.
3. Guilt Trip
A special kind of manipulation tactic. A manipulator suggests to the conscientious victim that he or she does not care enough, is too selfish or has it easy. This usually results in victim feeling bad, keeping them in self-doubt, anxious and submissive position.
4. No amount of guilt can change the past and no amount of worrying can change the future.
5. The guilty dog barks first.
6. The worst guilt is to accept an undeserved guilt.
- Ayn Rand
7. Mistakes are always forgivable - if one has the courage to admit them.
8. The moment you asked for forgiveness, God forgave you. Now stay sincere with repent and remorse, but leave the guilt behind.
9. Guilt is to the spirit, what pain is to the body.
10. Don't let people guilt you for not visiting them. They're not visiting you either.
11. Guilt trips are a passive-aggressive form of manipulation and bullying. They're designed to give the manipulator exactly what they want at your expense. Your feelings and needs don't matter. By refusing to play their games and act or feel guilty, you disarm them and they lose their power over you.
Tags: Guilt | Passive Aggressive | Manipulation | Bully | Mind Games | Feelings | Needs | Selfishness | Selfish Friends | I Dont Care | Refusal | Saying No | Power | Life | Quotes that make you think |
12. Mom Guilt: a pervasive feeling of not doing enough as a parent, not doing things right, or making decisions that may “mess up” your kids in the long run.
13. You have been criticizing yourself for years, and it hasn't worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.
14. Relief from self-harming is only temporary, and is followed by feelings of guilt & shame. It also takes you away from getting to know the actual ways that will make you feel better.
15. People who self-harm don't do it because they need attention. They do it in secret. They are not trying to manipulate or seek attention. In fact, shame and guilt can make it difficult to tell someone that they have harmed themselves.
16. People who self-harm don't want to die. They are not trying to kill themselves, in fact they are trying to live with the pain. People who self-harm have a very high risk of suicide so they need to seek immediate attention and help.
17. You are being bullied if someone constantly demeans you and makes remarks about you, yelling at you, criticizing you, giving suggestions and giving you guilt trips if you don't take them.
18. You're damned if you're too thin and you're damned if you're too heavy. According to the press I've been both. It's impossible to satisfy everyone and I suggest we stop trying.
Tags: Thinspo | Tiny | Overweight | Body | BBW | Satisfaction | Validation | Gossip | Treating Badly | Rude | Shame | Guilt | Stop | Trying | Hard To Impress | Standards | Girl Power | Self Esteem | Society |
19. Taking Advantage Tactic #6
Guilt. Using your conscience and desire to be a good person to control and manipulate you.
20. The accused were considered guilty unless proven innocent.
21. The gain for the victim is in the fact that he can get people to stay and take care of him — for who could ever really leave the poor victim without feeling terribly guilty. In this way, victims often bully others into all kinds of care-giving, running the gamut from providing financially for poor victim, to literally making all of his choices for him. The victim typically knows exactly what buttons to push in others to get them to begin or continue to take care of him. Indeed, quite often the bully identity lurches backward into his shadowed victim identity, as a means of justifying his abuse of others.
22. You can accomplish by kindness what you cannot by force.
Tags: Be Kind | Be Kind | Accomplishment | Leadership | Force | Treating Badly | Pressure | Accusation | Blame | Abuse | Guilt | Emotional Abuse | Islamic Quotes for Husband | Islamic Quotes for Wife |
23. Whenever your partner or your kids say or do something that is not acceptable, before responding ask yourself
“Do I want to help or Do I want to hurt?”
“Do I want to punish or discipline?”