The cure for Ignorance is Inquiry. Source: Sunan Abi Dawud ...
1. The cure for Ignorance is Inquiry.
Source: Sunan Abi Dawud Book 1, Hadith 336
Explore More Quotes
2. The cure for Ignorance is Inquiry.
Source: Sunan Abi Dawud Book 1, Hadith 336
3. I have a lot of questions. Number one, how dare you?
4. Asking for Clarification.
- So are you saying that ... ?
- Do you mean ... ?
- I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you mean.
- What does that mean exactly?
- Sorry, but I lost you when you said ...
- Could you repeat that please?
5. Every clarification breeds new questions.
Every one of you is a shepherd and every one is answerable with regard to his flock.
The Caliph is a shepherd over the people and shall be questioned about his subjects (as to how he conducted their affairs).
A man is a guardian over the members of his family and shall be questioned about them (as to how he looked after their physical and moral well-being).
A woman is a guardian over the household of her husband and his children and shall be questioned about them (as to how she managed the household and brought up the children).
A slave is a guardian over the property of his master and shall be questioned about it (as to how he safeguarded his trust).
Beware, every one of you is a guardian and every one of you shall be questioned with regard to his trust.
7. Question: I have two coins totaling 15 cents.
One of them is not a nickel.
What are they?
Answer: A dime(10 cents) and a nickel(5 cents).
8. People will question all the good things they hear about you but believe all the bad without a second thought.
9. Have patience with everything that remains unsolved in your heart.
...live in the question.
10. Leave everything undefined, including yourself. Befriend uncertainty. Fall in love with mystery. Kneel at the altar of Not Knowing. Give your questions time to breathe. And the answers will find you.
11. Guilt Trip
A special kind of manipulation tactic. A manipulator suggests to the conscientious victim that he or she does not care enough, is too selfish or has it easy. This usually results in victim feeling bad, keeping them in self-doubt, anxious and submissive position.
12. If cooking is a woman's job and they are so good at it, why are all the Top Chefs of the world Men?
13. Do you really want to be that weight for the rest of your life?
14. Why do they call it beauty sleep when you wake up looking terrible?
15. If we shouldn't eat at night, why is there a light in the fridge?
16. Why is Monday so far from Friday, and Friday so close to Monday?
17. Dear Life,
When I said "can this day get any worse", it was a rhetorical question, not a challenge.
18. Someone asked me, if I were stranded on a desert island what book would I bring: ‘How to Build a Boat.
19. An old teacher asked her student, “If I say, ‘I am beautiful,’ which tense is that?”
The student replied, “It is obviously past.”
20. Wife: I have changed my mind.
Husband: Does the new one work?
21. You will be told your whole life that you need to learn to listen. I would say that you need to learn to be the last to speak. The skill to hold your opinions to yourself until everyone has spoken does two things: It gives everyone the feeling that they have been heard and contributed, and you get the benefit of hearing what everybody else has to think before you render your opinion.
Tags: Wise | Wisdom | Inspirational | Strategy | Communication | Healthy Communication | Patience | Impatience | Listening a Person | Question | Leadership | Public Speaking | Silence Speaks Louder Than Words | Speak | Opinion |
22. Are you a bad person?
Depends on who you ask...
23. Most misunderstandings in the world could be avoided if people would simply take the time to ask, “What else could this mean?”
24. The role of the artist is to ask questions, not answer them.
25. An average 4 year old kid asks about 400 questions a day.
26. Question your thinking, beliefs, actions, your upbringing, your environment today and yesterday. When you start to question what you believe to be true, you begin to see through what you believe to be true and you open yourself up to new information.
27. When that initial fearful thought strikes, you go “omg what is this?” and the adrenaline builds up, making the symptoms stronger and making it difficult to stop the cycle.
Every situation of anxiety is an opportunity for you to practice. When that initial fearful thought or a symptom strikes, you can take a new direction and start to notice when your fear starts to decrease. It decreases when you realize it’s happening due to anxiety and you stop the thoughts right away. If the thoughts continue, do not show any respect to them whatsoever. Turn your focus from your inner world to what is happening around you in your outer world.