Texting is a brilliant way to miscommunicate how you feel, and ...
1. Texting is a brilliant way to miscommunicate how you feel, and misinterpret what other people mean
Explore More Quotes
2. Over a small misunderstanding God will expose how people really feel about you...
3. Schizotypal personality disorder
-belief of having influence over people or events using their thoughts
-misunderstanding behavior of people
-inappropriate emotional response
-avoiding intimate relationship
4. I’m a big fan of the misunderstood, the vilified, the underdog, the breaking of myths.
5. Putting yourself first is not selfish. Thinking about yourself constantly is selfish. Please respect the difference
6. Constant kindness can accomplish much. As the sun makes ice melt, kindness causes misunderstanding, mistrust, and hostility to evaporate.
7. It is wiser to find out than to suppose.
8. You may try to come across in a certain way to people around you, people often perceive you in an altogether different way.
9. How many fights between couples have started with one person misinterpreting what another says and does? He stares at his plate at dinner while she’s telling a story and she assumes he doesn’t care about what she’s saying, when really he is admiring the beautiful meal she made. She goes to bed early rather than watching their favorite television show together like they usually do, and he assumes she’s not interested in spending time with him, when really she’s just exhausted after a tough day at work.
10. Chances are how you look when you are slightly frustrated isn’t all that different from how you look when you are a little concerned, confused, disappointed, or nervous.
Your ‘I’m kind of hurt by what you just said’ face probably looks an awful lot like your ‘I’m not at all hurt by what you just said’ face. And the majority of times that you’ve said to yourself, ‘I made my intentions clear,’ or ‘He knows what I meant,’ you didn’t and he doesn’t.”
11. Even the simplest communication has multiple components that run the risk of creating misunderstanding: the listener and the speaker, their different points of view, the words they speak and the different meaning each word has for each person, the implicit message (intent versus actual words), the context, and the process of flow.
12. Oftentimes, people hear the beginning sentences and jump on that conclusion without realizing the person was going to go in a different direction.
13. Don’t be afraid to say “Did I understand you correctly? Are you preferring that we go to the movies instead of dinner?” or “Are you concerned that we won’t make the deadline, so you want to get a better grasp of what we’ve done to date and how long it will take?”
Or, if it feels like the person is saying one thing while really expressing something else (the meta-message), you can respond with, “It might be me, yet you seem a little distant and I realize I’ve been preoccupied lately. Is that what’s bothering you or is there something else that’s weighing on your heart?”
14. Communication is a two-way street. When one person opens up and shares their experience, reciprocate. “Oh that is how you felt. This is what I was experiencing…” Be vulnerable and do your best to articulate your feelings. Lose the pride, as pride is the enemy of honest communication.
15. Know that in spite of all of your efforts, there may still be a misunderstanding. That’s okay. Every person has a different point of view, so no two people see things exactly the same. There is no right or wrong, just the mutual sharing of different experiences on the journey of life.
16. "I statements” are powerful because they keep you where you belong—speaking your feelings from your point of view and sharing your own experience.
We can’t speak for others. Only they can share their feelings. We can say we were hurt by a behavior but it crosses a line when we accuse or blame the other person.
Telling the other person they are wrong for doing the behavior or telling them what they feel is not our business or our place (because we actually don’t know).
17. You always risk people misunderstanding you when you say anything.
18. The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.
19. As soon as we start putting our thoughts into words and sentences everything gets distorted, language is just no damn good—I use it because I have to, but I don’t put any trust in it. We never understand each other.
20. It was not death she feared.
It was misunderstanding.
21. …and then she said the happiest words in the English language: “I understand.”
22. Never choose anyone without complete understanding and never lose anyone because of a small misunderstanding.
Tags: Misunderstanding |
23. It is better to understand little than to misunderstand a lot.
24. I stopped explaining myself when I realized people only understand from their level of perception.
25. The greatest distance between two people is a misunderstanding.
26. A beautiful relationship does not depend on how well we understand someone. But it depends on how well we avoid the misunderstanding.
27. I am responsible for what I say to you, not for what you understand.
28. They ended as all great passions do end—–by a misunderstanding.
29. Height of misunderstanding – A man marrying his own secretary thinking that she will still follow his orders as before.
30. Five minutes of communication can save a year’s worth of turmoil and misunderstanding
31. Most misunderstandings in the world could be avoided if people would simply take the time to ask, “What else could this mean?”
32. Texting is a brilliant way to miscommunicate how you feel, and misinterpret what other people mean
33. Married life is not for the faint hearted. Sometimes it can look like an ugly battlefield
34. It takes a minute to break a home with misunderstandings but it takes years to build one with love.
35. When you consider a fraction of the truth as the whole truth, you misunderstand everything.
36. Our parents are often misunderstood.
When Mom comes and sits in your room, she is not invading your privacy. She is just trying to escape her own thought.
When Dad wakes you up early morning and ask you to take him somewhere, he is trying to bond with you in his own way.
When Dad asks "Where are you going?", it feels like investigation. But he cares for you and just wants to know
Dad's will say "I earn for you all". Dads are weird like that. He just wants you to spend wisely as he has struggled and understands the value of money.
Yes, there is a generation gap. While we grow, they are growing older too. Parents can feel lonely and misunderstood, just like we do.
Tags: Misunderstanding | Parents | I Love My Mother | Mothers Day | Mother | Father | Father and Son | Father and Daughter | Fathers Day | Generation Gap | Real Love | Feel Good | Quotes that make you think |
37. Love is a misunderstanding between two fools.