Symptoms of a personality disorder can also be caused due to s ...
Home > Quotes > Symptoms of a personality disorder can also be caused due to some medi
Personality Disorder Quotes
1. Symptoms of a personality disorder can also be caused due to some medical problem which is not necessarily characterized as a type of personality disorder. This can be understood by taking blood tests.
Tags: Personality Disorder | Diagnosis |
Explore More Quotes
2. Paranoid Personality Disorder
-issues with trusting people
Tags: Personality Disorder | Mental Health | Trust | Suspicious | Grudge |
3. Schizoid personality disorder
-little interest in relationships
-not very social
-difficulty in understanding social cues
-may seem emotionally cold
Tags: Personality Disorder | Interest | Relationship | Social Behavior | Socially Awkward | Emotions | Cold Hearted | Cold As Ice |
4. Schizotypal personality disorder
-belief of having influence over people or events using their thoughts
-misunderstanding behavior of people
-inappropriate emotional response
-avoiding intimate relationship
Tags: Personality Disorder | Influencer | Thoughts | Misunderstanding | Human Behavior | Emotional | Intimacy | Relationship | Mental Health | Emotionally Drained | Behavior |
5. Antisocial personality disorder
-manipulating or treating people badly without feeling sorry
-tendency to lie, steal or abuse alcohol/drugs
Tags: Personality Disorder | Manipulation | Mind Games | Liar | Stealing | Abuse | Alcohol | Drugs |
6. Borderline personality disorder
-feeling empty and abandoned regardless of support
-difficulty in handling stressful situations
-episodes of paranoia
-may have risky and impulsive behavior like unsafe sex, binge drinking and gambling
Tags: Personality Disorder | Emptiness | Loneliness | Stress | Paranoid | Risk | Impulsive | Unsafe | Sex | Abuse | Gambling | Mental Health | Binge | Behavior |
7. Histrionic personality disorder
-seeking attention by being overly dramatic or sexually provocative
-easily influenced by people
-extremely sensitive to criticism or disapproval
Tags: Personality Disorder | Attention | Drama | Sexual | Influenced | Sensitive | Criticism | Disapproval | Mood Swings | Mental Health |
8. Narcissistic personality disorder
-belief that they are more important than others
-exaggeration of their achievements
-bragging about beauty, attractiveness or success
-need for admiration and validation
-lack of sympathy for others
Tags: Personality Disorder | Importance | Exaggerating | Achievement | Bragging | Beauty | Attraction | Success | Admiration | Validation | Sympathy | Narcissism |
9. Avoidant personality disorder
-feelings of inadequacy, inferiority or unattractiveness
-dwell on criticism from others
-avoid new activities
-avoid making new friends
Tags: Personality Disorder | Indequacy | Inferiority | Unattractive | Criticism | Mental Health |
10. Dependent personality disorder
-dependence on people for emotional and physical needs
-avoiding being alone
-need reassurance while making decisions
-might be likely to tolerate physical or verbal abuse
Tags: Personality Disorder | Emotional | Loneliness | Decision | Tolerance | Abuse |
11. OCD (Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder)
-overwhelming need for order
-strongly follow rules & regulations
-extremely uncomfortable when things lack perfection
-might neglect personal relationships to focus on making some project perfect
Tags: Personality Disorder | OCD | Rules | Regulation | Uncomfortable | Perfectionism | Relationship |
12. The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition (DSM-5), is a reference doctors and mental health professionals use to help diagnose mental health conditions.
Tags: Personality Disorder | Mental Health | Mental Wellness | Diagnosis |
13. To diagnose a Personality Disorder, the behaviors and feelings must be consistent across several life circumstances. It should also cause significant distress and impairment in at least two of the following areas:
-the way you perceive or interpret yourself and other people
-the way you act when dealing with other people
-the appropriateness of your emotional responses
-how well you can control your impulses
Tags: Personality Disorder | Social Behavior | Feelings | Stress | Interpretation | Human Behavior | Inappropriate | Control | Impulsive |
14. Symptoms of a personality disorder can also be caused due to some medical problem which is not necessarily characterized as a type of personality disorder. This can be understood by taking blood tests.
Tags: Personality Disorder | Diagnosis |
15. Personality Disorder Treatments
1. Psychotherapy - speaking with a therapist to better understand your feelings and learn how to manage stress and improve relationships and how to change negative thinking patterns
2. Medication - antidepressants help in improving depressed mood, anger or impulsivity. Mood stabilizers are for mood swings, irritability and anger; anti-psychotic and anti-anxiety medications
Tags: Personality Disorder | Psychology | Therapy | Relationship | Negativity | Medicine | Depression | OCD | Anxiety | Mood Swings | Impulsive | Irritated |
16. People with Personality disorder do not find any problem with their behavior and believe they are normal. This can be upsetting for them if you tell them that they might have a Personality disorder.
Tags: Personality Disorder | Social Behavior | Normal | Upset | Diagnosis |
17. If you see a person showing symptoms of personality disorder, encourage them to seek help. They will get defensive, do not argue with them. Express your feelings and concerns instead.
Tags: Personality Disorder | Symptoms | Diagnosis | Help | Arguments | Feelings | Concerned | Encouragement |
18. Self Harm Poem:
An empty room, an empty girl. Sitting silent on the floor. Her sleeve rolled up, exposing skin. She drags the blade and presses in.
The pain it brings cannot compare. To the joy she knows will soon be there. It’s worth the scars that never heal. For just a moment not to feel.
Just a cut, Just a scratch. “Whats that mark?” “It was the cat.”
Just an excuse. Just a lie, “Whats with all the bracelets?” “Just fashion, why?”
Just a tear. Just a scream. “Why were you crying?” “Just a bad dream.”
But is not just a cut, Or tear, or a lie. It’s always “just one more.” Until you die.
Scars on your soul. Scars on your skin. Some on the outside. Some are within. Some have a story. Some are unwritten. Some you can see, But most are quite hidden.
Hush little baby, Don’t you cry. Don’t cut your arms. Don’t say goodbye. Put down the razor, Put down the knife. It may be hard, But you will win this fight.
From darker clouds, And blackened skies, Through deeper scars, And all your lies. She cried. She wanted to die. “I am fine” She lied.
Tags: Self Harm | Personality Disorder | Schizophrenia | Poetry |
"I love you to the bones."
This is the vocabulary of a burgeoning subculture of web sites known as "pro-ana," meaning pro-anorexia. Created primarily by young women who have anorexia or bulimia, or are in recovery from one or both of the disorders, these sites have been making headlines and horrifying parents and doctors for several years.
Tags: Thinspo | Weight Loss | Lifestyle | Subculture | Trending | Vocabulary | Niche Website | Disturbing | Personality Disorder | Mental Health | Illness | Doctor | Teen | Stupid People | Science |
20. I had to be ugly and awkward a long time to get to be this exciting and hilarious. I earned this personality and all it's disorders.
Tags: Personality | Ugly | Socially Awkward | Ugly Girl | Earned It | Personality Disorder | Journey |