Open innovation holds greater promise than IP incentives in th ...
Intellectual Property Quotes
1. Open innovation holds greater promise than IP incentives in the fight against COVID-19
Explore More Quotes
2. If a man is keeping an idea to himself, and that idea is taken by stealth or trickery-I say it is stealing. But once a man has revealed his idea to others, it is no longer his alone. It belongs to the world.
3. The history of patents includes a wealth of attempts to reward friends of the government and restrict or control dangerous technologies.
4. You cannot make one invent at gun point. Forget the movies, and think about pampering inventors, not threatening them
5. Respect for inventors is the key for success of a patent system
6. Most patentability requirements are concepts, they can be moulded to suit your invention
7. Ideas in your mind have no patent value. They must be expressed or reduced to practice before it is too late
8. True inventors do not sit on their inventions
9. Inventions cannot be judged on patent parameters, but patents have the ability to take inventions very far
10. Inventors do not invent for financial gain, they invent simply because they love to invent
11. Patentability requirements are essential components of the patent machine. If they fail, the patent machine fails.
Tags: Intellectual Property |
12. Requirements for patentability are like filters to weed out unworthy inventions
13. Open innovation holds greater promise than IP incentives in the fight against COVID-19
14. Our battle against COVID is better served by cooperation and openness, not by exclusivity and monopoly
15. Patents need inventors more than inventors need patents
16. It is important to come up with innovative approaches to incentivize COVID related innovation; the incentives offered by the IP system may not be enough
17. During a pandemic, IP can only play a secondary role
18. Intellectual property is the oil of the 21 century. Look at the richest men a hundred years ago; they all made their money extracting natural resources or moving them around. All today's richest men have made their money out of intellectual property.
19. The Intellectual Property situation is bad and getting worse. To be a programmer, it requires that you understand as much law as you do technology.
20. I wish to note that Intellectual Property theft by a government represents the very essence of organized crime.
21. What is Intellectual Property?
It includes the WORDS we read
The IMAGES we see
The VIDEOS we watch
The MUSIC we listen to
Most of it is available to us for free. But free doesn't make it ours.
22. Open source is an intellectual-property destroyer, I can’t imagine something that could be worse than this for the software business and the intellectual-property business.