My favorite indulgence is a monthly facial.
1. My favorite indulgence is a monthly facial.
Explore More Quotes
2. Benefits of Regular Facials:
-Re-hydrates the skin
-Slows down premature aging
3. Professional skincare treatments are like oil changes for your car.
Get them Regularly.
4. Great skin doesn't happen by chance.
It happens by appointment.
5. Makeup should never be used to hide yourself.
It should be used to enhance your natural beauty.
6. Facials are workouts for your skin
7. Aging is a fact of life. Looking your age does not have to be.
8. Don’t forget to pamper yourself
9. Glowing skin is a result of proper skincare. It means you can wear less makeup and let the skin shine through.
10. My favorite indulgence is a monthly facial.
11. Cleansers: Cosmetics that are made to wash your face and get rid of dirt, pollution, excess sebum and oils, sunscreen, makeup, any other topical ointments we may have used during the day. Dead skin cells. Just to clear all that off.
12. Face wash OR Cleanser?
Both of them do the same job of getting rid of dirt and oils. However, a cleanser dissolves the dirt, pollutants, makeup, SPF etc. Face wash isn't gonna remove 100% of them. That's the difference.
Face wash basically delves deeper into the skin and cleans the pored due to its foaming action.
So if you have a makeup or SPF on, it's better to use a Cleanser first, and then a face wash.
Removal of dead skin cells that accumulate on the top layer of your skin. As we grow older, we get more and more dead skin. This is what makes our skin look dull, uneven with fine lines and wrinkles. Exfoliation helps remove this dead cells and makes your skin look a lot more even, brighter and refreshed.
14. Exfoliate for getting rid of fine lines, even the skin tone, fade age spots, leftover pigmentation from acne scars, unclogging the pores, helps minimize pore size, maximize the absorption of other products you're gonna use.
15. Exfoliate 3 times a week if you have oily skin.
Exfoliate 1-2 times a week if you have dry or sensitive skin.
Exfoliate at least once every 1-2 weeks if you have if you have really sensitive skin.
16. 1. Cleanse
Exfoliation comes before Toning and after Cleansing. No need to tone if you use a chemical exfoliator.
17. Chemical exfoliators are BHA, AHA and PHA.
They unglue the dead skin cells from your skin.
18. BHAs are Beta Hydroxy Acids aka salicylic acid. Works on top layer and deeper into the skin which is why it is good for oily and congested skin. It helps unclog pores, gets rid of lumps and bumps you have on your skin and removed blemishes as well. They are found in Anti-acne products.
19. PHA is Poly Hydroxy acid which is relatively new for skin care. They don't penetrate as deep into the skin as AHAs and BHAs and work on the skin surface without disturbing the delicate layers that lie beneath. Good for people with eczema, rosacea and very sensitive skin.
20. Physical exfoliators are cosmetics that are tools, brushes, scrubs with apricot seeds, sand granules. Anything that you are physically scrubbing on your skin.
21. Scrubs are good for all skin types. Choose the size of the granules in the product to your skin.
Oily skin = Bigger granules like apricot seed from St. Ives
Dry or sensitive skin = Sand or micro granules you get in Dermalogica exfoliator.
22. Peeling gel is an exfoliator that has a AHA or BHA in it that you apply on your skin and then gently scrub it out. It has cellulous particles that attach itself to the dry skin and you see them come off in rolls of dead skin.
23. Exfoliating pad is a peeling pad that you put in your hand and rub it on your skin.
24. What is a Toner?
Toners is also called toning agents, astringent, beauty water. They penetrate very quickly into your skin giving instant hydration, removing dead skin cells, picking up the dirt your cleanser may have missed, picking up cleanser that water may have missed. They also restores your pH balance if you cleanser was not pH balanced. It gives you a plumper brighter looking skin.
25. Toners are usually found in teenage product lines like Clearasil and Clean & Clear. They are usually packed with alcohol which means they are very very harsh and strip away your oils and give you the tingling feeling on your skin. Toners have now been re-branded from being oil stripping alcohol packed astringents to moisturizing, plumping, resurfacing, re-balancing toners.
26. A toner should only be used after CLEANSING.
27. Why use a toner?
Toner penetrates and cleans up deeper so it can help the use of other products in your skin care routine, giving your serums, essences and moisturizers to really work deeper in your skin.
28. Think of toner as a prep for your pores. Your skin is like a dried-up sponge, and if you put a thick layer of cream on a brittle dry sponge, it won't accept it and is not prepped for moisture. If you wet that sponge, the cream is going to penetrate a lot more easily.
29. What toner is right for you?
Acne prone or Oily Skin - Green tea and Tree as it's healing without too drying. Look for toners with Salicylic Acid.
Sensitive Skin: Calming toners that are fragrance free, light, alcohol free.
Dry Skin: Toners with fatty acids & amino acids so they moisturize. Absolutely alcohol free toners.
Buy a toner which has no alcohol or it is lower in the ingredients list.
30. How to use a toner?
Soaking toner in a cotton pad and wipe away in outward motion.
Using hands to rub and pat it gently into your skin. Gives an instant boost of radiance, while injecting moisture instantly into your skin.
Misting spray. Good for use throughout the day for plumpness and moisture throughout the day.
31. DIY Make your own Toner
Boil Green tea.
Let it cool down.
Put it in your Spray Bottle.
32. DIY Make your own Toner
Mix tea tree oil with some warm water. Let it cool down and put it in your spray bottle.
33. If you have a scar or an open wound, do not exfoliate until its totally healed. You have to be gentle with the skin.
34. How to use a chemical Exfoliator?
Put few drops on a cotton pad and very gently, rub in circular motion over the skin.
35. Do not exfoliate the day when you have shaved/removed hair from your face as using an exfoliator might sting.
36. Why do skin pores look bigger or clogged?
Blackheads, Whiteheads, excess sebum and dead skin cells are all the main things that make your pores look bigger and clogged.
BHA gets rid of the dead skin cells and exfoliates deep down resulting in smaller looking pores with less bumps and less texture.