It’s funny, the people that know the least about me have the ...
1. It’s funny, the people that know the least about me have the most to say.
Explore More Quotes
2. Don't tell me what they said about me, tell me why they were so comfortable to say it around you.
3. You never look good trying to make someone else look bad.
4. Someone who smiles too much with you can sometimes frown too much with you at your back.
5. Only a true friend will tell you what others are saying behind your back.
6. Fake friends; those who only drill holes under your boat to get it leaking; those who discredit your ambitions and those who pretend they love you, but behind their backs they know they are in to destroy your legacies.
7. If they talk about other people with you, they will talk about you with other people.
8. "Do you know what is backbiting?"
They (the Companions) said: "Allah and His Messenger know best."Thereupon he (the Holy Prophet) said: Backbiting implies your talking about your brother in a manner which he does not like. It was said to him: "What is your opinion about this that if I actually find (that failing) in my brother which I made a mention of?" He said: "If (that failing) is actually found (in him) what you assert, you in fact backbited him, and if that is not in him it is a slander."
[Sahih Muslim 2589]
9. It is reported by Qays that Amr bin al-Aas (ra) was going somewhere with his friends. They saw a dead mule whose belly had swollen up. Amr (ra)said," By Allah, it is better for one to eat to his full from this (dead mule) than to eat the flesh of a Muslim" (He meant to say that to backbite anyone is worse than eating the meat of a dead animal).
[Al-Adab Al-Mufrad Book 31, Hadith 736]
10. Listen carefully to how a person speaks about other people to you. This is how they will speak about you to other people.
11. Be warned: A person content to sit with you and criticize others will speak critically of you out of earshot.
12. Fill your mind before you empty your mouth.
13. The mission or ministry of backbiters is to bite you at the back. When they backbite you, move forward. If you turn back to talk back or fight them, you descend to their low class.
14. Don’t be too fast to highlight the weaknesses of other people. That is the quickest way of exposing your own weaknesses.
15. He who bears tales to you, certainly bears tales about you.
16. You made me feel so special with your fake sweetness in my presence, but I didn't know... you used to stab me with your real bitterness in my absence.
17. When you be yourself and don't fake it... You are judged.
18. Surprise the world with your character and humility to the extent they quit backbiting.
19. I am delightfully aware that people talk behind my back. It's a pleasure to know that they don't have the guts to say it on my face
20. I distance myself from people for a reason.
21. It's sad how some people are so jealous and intimidated by you that they only have negative things to say when they know absolutely nothing about you.
22. Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.
23. People will question all the good things they hear about you but believe all the bad without a second thought.
24. I like rumors! I find out so much about me that I didn’t even know.
25. I don’t trust anyone who talks bad about someone else to me, they probably talk behind my back too.
26. No matter how carefully you choose your words, they’ll always end up being twisted by others.
27. It’s funny, the people that know the least about me have the most to say.
28. Rumors are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots.
29. Once people stop talking with you then they start talking about you.
30. What you don’t see with your eyes, don’t witness with your mouth.
31. Gossip is called gossip because it’s not always the truth.
32. The only time people dislike gossip is when you gossip about them.
33. If gossip were food, many people would be overweight.
34. Rumor travels faster, but it don’t stay put as long as truth.
35. Gossip, as usual, was one- third right and two- thirds wrong.
36. I usually get my stuff from people who promised somebody else that they would keep it a secret.
37. Gossip is the art of saying nothing in a way that leaves practically nothing unsaid.
38. Gossip is easy, politics is hard.
39. Privacy is power. What people don't know they can't ruin.
40. One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that 3 out of 4 murders are committed by people who know their victim.
41. My name must taste good because it’s always in your mouth.
42. Oh you’re talking to me, I thought you only talked behind my back.
43. We reveal most about ourselves when we speak about others.
44. Instead of causing chaos and rocking someone else's boat, you need to row your own.