If you look for perfection, you’ll never be content.
1. If you look for perfection, you’ll never be content.
Explore More Quotes
2. There is no perfection, only life
3. Life isn’t perfect but your outfit can be.
4. Judge me when you become perfect.
5. Details matter, it’s worth waiting to get it right.
6. We were the group of people who were going to judge whether it was great or not.
We weren’t going to go out and do market research. We just wanted to build the best thing we could build.
7. We think the Mac will sell zillions, but we didn’t build the Mac for anybody else.
We built it for ourselves.
8. We’re not going to be the first to this party, but we’re going to be the best.
9. Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
10. We try to focus and do very few things well.
And focusing is hard because focusing doesn’t mean saying yes, it means saying no.
So we decide not to do a lot of things so we can focus on a handful of things and do them well.
11. Perfectionism is self-abuse of the highest order.
12. Too many people spend too much time trying to perfect something before they actually do it. Instead of waiting for perfection, run with what you go, and fix it along the way…
13. A pursuit for perfection is the most leading cause of procrastination in artists.
14. Isn’t it a relief to hear that what might not be perfect for you might be perfect for someone else?
15. Perfectionism hampers success. In fact, it’s often the path to depression, anxiety, addiction, and life-paralysis.
16. We're going to have to bust down the door on the myth of perfectionism. We're going to have to call it what it really is: fear.
17. ... perfectionists often produce very little.
18. There was a man who was so confident in himself, that he was completely blind to his partner's needs and wants. He believed he was perfect for this person, but he was not.
If only he knew perfection does not exist. And this is what really turned his partner away from him.
19. Perfectionists are not all negative, miserable, unhappy and over controlling individuals
20. But I always feel that whatever I do, I could do better. I suppose it is perfectionism.
21. However, don't let perfectionism become an excuse for never getting started.
22. I've learned how my own perfectionism can cripple me.
23. Perfectionism kills art. I find that if I criticise myself, it spoils the fun. You can get paralysed by analysis - it takes all the playfulness away.
24. The essence of being human is that one does not seek perfection.
25. Perfectionism is internalized oppression
26. Perfectionism is a dream killer, because it’s just fear disguised as trying to do your best. It just is.
27. And now that you don't have to be perfect, you can be good.
28. Perfectionism is the voice of the oppressor, the enemy of the people. It will keep you cramped and insane your whole life, and it is the main obstacle between you and a shitty first draft. I think perfectionism is based on the obsessive belief that if you run carefully enough, hitting each stepping-stone just right, you won't have to die. The truth is that you will die anyway and that a lot of people who aren't even looking at their feet are going to do a whole lot better than you, and have a lot more fun while they're doing it.
29. There is no perfection, only beautiful versions of brokenness.
30. Embrace being perfectly imperfect. Learn from your mistakes and forgive yourself, you’ll be happier.
31. The most dangerous way we sabotage ourselves is by waiting for the perfect moment to begin.
Nothing works perfectly the first time, or the first fifty times. Everything has a learning curve. The beginning is just that - a beginning. Surrender your desire to do it flawlessly on the first try. It's not possible. Learn to learn. Learn to fail. Learn to learn from failing. And begin today. Begin now. Stop waiting.
32. Perfectionism is a delusion that can rob one of a very successful, enriching life if not careful.
33. If you wait for things to be perfect, you walk away with nothing. Just jump in and get started.
34. As we try to achieve perfection, society changes and we just become more imperfect.
35. Perfectionism becomes a badge of honor with you playing the part of the suffering hero.
36. In order to go on living one must try to escape the death involved in perfectionism.
37. I really believe that it is honesty about our imperfect selves that makes everyone do better and be better.
38. We must understand the need for perfectionism is a corrosive waste of time, because nothing is ever beyond criticism.
No matter how many hours you spend to render something flawless, somebody will always be able to find fault with it.
39. Don't aim for perfection.
Aim for 'better than yesterday.
40. Done is better than perfect.
41. Welcoming imperfection is the way to accomplish what perfectionism promises but never delivers. It gives us our best performance and genuine acceptance in the family of human - and by that I mean imperfect - beings.
42. I give myself permission to suck.
I find that hugely liberating
43. In order to do something well, we must first be willing to do it badly.
44. No one is perfect — that's why pencils have erasers.
45. It's better to be perfectly useful than uselessly perfect.
46. A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault.
47. You can't hit a home run every time.
48. In Business, perfection is the enemy of Profitability.
49. If you look for perfection, you’ll never be content.
50. If we were supposed to be perfect, why would God's most emphasized attribute be His mercy and forgiveness?
51. OCD (Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder)
-overwhelming need for order
-strongly follow rules & regulations
-extremely uncomfortable when things lack perfection
-might neglect personal relationships to focus on making some project perfect
52. I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
53. Life isn’t meant to be lived perfectly…but merely to be LIVED. Boldly, wildly, beautifully, uncertainly, imperfectly, magically LIVED.
54. When we focus so hard on the tiny details, we leave ourselves open to miss the bigger picture. Details matter and so does an eagles point of view.
55. The antidote to perfectionism is self-acceptance.
56. Perfectionists can talk about feelings, they can’t express feelings.
57. Waiting for perfect is never as smart as making progress.
58. You have to push yourself to be spectacularly better at the thing you bring to the marketplace than most people. And you can.
59. I'm not perfect but my Nails are.
60. An ideal wife is any woman who has an ideal husband.
61. Consistency is more important than perfection.
62. There's no such thing as a perfect life. As you live, unexpected accidents occur and irreversible mistakes are made.
Every time we fall and get hurt in life, we find ourselves always changing for the better...By learning about the other's pains or by maturing a little bit more.