If you have oily skin, you still need to use the moisturizer. ...
1. If you have oily skin, you still need to use the moisturizer. Excessive oil production during the day does not mean you don't need a moisturizer. Not using a moisturizer could actually be the result of excess oil production, or maybe your cleanser is over drying you.
Avoid Oil-controlling cleansers.
Explore More Quotes
2. Scientifically backed benefits of Hyaluronic acid: well known for its skin benefits, especially alleviating dry skin, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and speeding up wound healing.
3. Hyaluronic acid, also known as hyaluronan, is a clear, gooey substance that is naturally produced by your body. The largest amounts of it are found in your skin, connective tissue and eyes. Its main function is to retain water to keep your tissues well lubricated and moist.
Many people take it as a supplement, but it’s also used in topical serums, eye drops and injections.
4. Doses of 120–240 mg hyaluronic acid per day for at least one month have been shown to significantly increase skin moisture and reduce dry skin in adults.
When applied to the surface of the skin, hyaluronic acid serums can reduce wrinkles, redness and dermatitis
5. Hyaloronic acid is basically meant to hydrate your skin. They only work well if you live in a moist environment - if the air around you has a lot of moisture in it. What HA does is it holds the moisture from the environment in your skin - it can hold 2x the weight of its own moisture. If you live in a hot and dry climate, it's not really going to do much for you.
6. The main culprit of rough textured skin is dehydrated and dry skin. And your skin could be dehydrated or dry because of your cleanser - a lot of cleansers are very harsh, especially foaming cleansers that are made for oily skin. They try to get rid of everything that your skin actually needs - not just your surface oils, but your deeper natural ones as well. So may be its time to switch your cleanser.
7. How to apply moisturizer the right way?
After cleansing your skin, apply the toner on your face and leave it damp. Then you apply the moisturizer on the damp skin. This will help seal the hydrating benefits from the toner deep within the skin. And this also gives you a nice glow to your skin.
8. If you have oily skin, you still need to use the moisturizer. Excessive oil production during the day does not mean you don't need a moisturizer. Not using a moisturizer could actually be the result of excess oil production, or maybe your cleanser is over drying you.
Avoid Oil-controlling cleansers.
9. You can physically plump up your skin by using hyaluronic acid. Our own skin cells actually produce hyaluronic acid naturally with a goal to retain our moisture levels. As we get older, this production stops - making our skin look saggy and less plump. It is also good for all skin types.
10. For an instant moisture boost, use hyaluronic acid in the serum stage of your routine. As hyaluronic acid holds a thousand times its own weight in moisture - to give yourself an extra boos of plumpness, spritz some moisture over it (mineral water or essence).
Now the hyaluronic acid is going to hold onto that and retain that extra moisture.
11. There is a moisturizer for all skin types and all skin concerns. And every one is supposed to be using a moisturizer daily for a healthy skin.
NIACINAMIDE + AHAs
AHAs (glycolic acid, lactic acid..)
They work great together. You don't have to worry about any sensitivity or irritation.
Niacinamide is not just found in Serums, but is also active ingredients in many moisturizers.
13. What is Trans-epidermal water loss?
Skin has 3 layers: Epidermis(outer skin), Dermis (middle layer), and Hypodermis(deepest layer of skin).
When water in your dermis layer is passes through the dermis and is lost into air, that's TEWL.
Skin automatically regulates how much water should be lost, but sometimes the barrier of the skin becomes bad and you lose a lot which results in drying, aging and sensitivity.
How to know if a skincare product is working?
How Long it Takes to See Results from Skin Care Products?
Cleansers - Immediately cleans
Texture, Complexion - 4 Weeks
Sunscreens - They work instantly
Toner/Essences for Hydration - Instantly
Moisturizer - Instant glow and plumpness, should last all day. Moisture Retention improvement in 4-6 weeks.
Serums for Hydrations = 3-5 Weeks
Serums for Skin Brightening and Hyperpigmentation = 3 Months