If you are in an abusive relationship, establishing boundaries ...
1. If you are in an abusive relationship, establishing boundaries may not be possible, as assertiveness in sharing your boundaries may not be even safe. And because the other person has a distinct agenda of controlling or even hurting you - you'll just get laughed at - if you try to voice your limits.You may need to consider leaving that relationship safely.
Explore More Quotes
2. Perfectionism is self-abuse of the highest order.
3. Jesus Would Be Disappointed. That Those Who Dress Like His Mother (Mary) are being Discriminated against and attacked Physically & Mentally.
4. Don't ever abuse a kind heart,
You may never be offered one again.
5. Antisocial personality disorder
-manipulating or treating people badly without feeling sorry
-tendency to lie, steal or abuse alcohol/drugs
6. Borderline personality disorder
-feeling empty and abandoned regardless of support
-difficulty in handling stressful situations
-episodes of paranoia
-may have risky and impulsive behavior like unsafe sex, binge drinking and gambling
7. Dependent personality disorder
-dependence on people for emotional and physical needs
-avoiding being alone
-need reassurance while making decisions
-might be likely to tolerate physical or verbal abuse
8. Violence against women and girls is a problem of pandemic proportions. At least one out of every three women around the world has been beaten, coerced into sex, or otherwise abused in her lifetime with the abuser usually someone known to her
9. You learn about anger in the family you grow up in; you watch and listen to the adults around you who model for you how and when to express it. And you learn that it can be respected, that it can be avoided, or that it can be abusive.
10. Sometimes, anger is really irritability. It’s about being in a bad mood, or waking up on the wrong side of the bed. Hopefully, you can recognize that before you do or say something you’ll regret.
11. Anger isn’t violent in and of itself. The power of anger can be respected, and voiced respectfully. You may have to wait until you’re not quite so mad and when your words can be calm.
12. Some parents intentionally hurt and abuse - they absolutely know what they are doing. But some (obviously) do not.
13. If you are in an abusive relationship, establishing boundaries may not be possible, as assertiveness in sharing your boundaries may not be even safe. And because the other person has a distinct agenda of controlling or even hurting you - you'll just get laughed at - if you try to voice your limits.You may need to consider leaving that relationship safely.
14. sometimes it's not ego. it's self-respect.
15. don't allow someone to treat you poorly just because you love them
16. I’m a great dad because I know what it’s like not to be a good dad.
17. Due to the mental and emotional abuse that I've gotten from men in general all my life and my resulting hatred of the typical male ego, I have a more dominant attitude towards men and a more submissive attitude towards women.
18. When a toxic person can no longer control you, they will try to control how others see you. The misinformation will feel unfair, but stay above it, trusting that other people will eventually see the truth; just like you did.
19. A bully can be an aggressive juvenile, an intimidating boss or colleague, a controlling romantic partner, an unruly neighbor, a high-pressure sales/business representative, a condescending family member, a shaming social acquaintance, or those in a variety of other types of abusive relationships.
20. Physical bullying is the use of physical intimidation, threat, harassment or harm.Examples of physical bullying include physical attack, simulated violence (such as raising a fist as if to strike, or throwing objects near a person), extortion, date rape, marital rape, domestic violence, sexual harassment at work, personal space violation, physical space entrapment, physical size domination, and numerical domination (ganging up on a victim).
21. The greater the power, the more dangerous the abuse.
22. Unless strong and effective boundaries are established, the bully is likely to repeat and intensify the abuse.
23. Every man who has power is impelled to abuse it.
24. Corporal punishment has been
associated with a variety of psychological and behavioral disorders in children and
adults, including anxiety, depression, withdrawal, low self-esteem, impulsiveness,
delinquency and substance abuse
25. Meta-analyses of hundreds of studies document that physical punishment is associated with: verbal and physical aggression; delinquent, antisocial, and criminal behavior; poorer quality of parent-child relationships; impaired mental health; and later abuse of one's own spouse and children.
26. To those who abuse: the sin is yours, the crime is yours, and the shame is yours. To those who protect the perpetrators: blaming the victims only masks the evil within, making you as guilty as those who abuse. Stand up for the innocent or go down with the rest.
27. To my abusers: I forgive you.
28. The gain for the victim is in the fact that he can get people to stay and take care of him — for who could ever really leave the poor victim without feeling terribly guilty. In this way, victims often bully others into all kinds of care-giving, running the gamut from providing financially for poor victim, to literally making all of his choices for him. The victim typically knows exactly what buttons to push in others to get them to begin or continue to take care of him. Indeed, quite often the bully identity lurches backward into his shadowed victim identity, as a means of justifying his abuse of others.
29. You can accomplish by kindness what you cannot by force.
Tags: Be Kind | Be Kind | Accomplishment | Leadership | Force | Treating Badly | Pressure | Accusation | Blame | Abuse | Guilt | Emotional Abuse | Islamic Quotes for Husband | Islamic Quotes for Wife |
30. Hurting people you love is the heaviest kind of regret.
31. When you beat yourself up like that, you invite every abusive person from your past back into your life. - Willie Rios