I do know that the slickest way to lie is to tell the right am ...
Home > Quotes > I do know that the slickest way to lie is to tell the right amount of
1. I do know that the slickest way to lie is to tell the right amount of truth--then shut up.
Tags: Psychology | Quotes that make you think |
Explore More Quotes
2. Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?
Tags: Psychology |
3. I do know that the slickest way to lie is to tell the right amount of truth--then shut up.
Tags: Psychology | Quotes that make you think |
4. The better you learn the psychology and habits of your social media consumers, the better you can tell the right story at the right time.
Tags: Psychology | Media |
5. When you connect to the silence within you, that is when you can make sense of the disturbance going on around you.
Tags: Psychology | Quotes that make you think | Meaningful |
6. Blame and shame are simply mind games.
Tags: Psychology | Shame | Blame | Mind Games | Simply | Dr. Asa Don Brown | Mental Health | Mental Wellness |
7. Personality Disorder Treatments
1. Psychotherapy - speaking with a therapist to better understand your feelings and learn how to manage stress and improve relationships and how to change negative thinking patterns
2. Medication - antidepressants help in improving depressed mood, anger or impulsivity. Mood stabilizers are for mood swings, irritability and anger; anti-psychotic and anti-anxiety medications
Tags: Personality Disorder | Psychology | Therapy | Relationship | Negativity | Medicine | Depression | OCD | Anxiety | Mood Swings | Impulsive | Irritated |
By definition, a boundary is anything that marks a limit. Psychological limits define personal dignity. When we say, “You just crossed a line,” we are speaking about a psychological limit that marks the distinction between behavior that does not cause emotional harm and behavior that causes emotional harm.
Tags: Crossing the Line | Word Meaning | Definition | Dignity | Psychology | Emotional | Harmful | Human Behavior | Hurt | Relationship |
9. Advertising sells you things you don't need and can't afford, that are over priced and don't work. And they do it by exploiting your fears and insecurities. And if you don't have any, they'll be glad to give you a few.
Tags: Advertising | Sales | Possession | Insecurities | Fear | Exploitation | Quotes that make you think | Political | Mind Games | Psychology | Human Behavior |
10. Anchoring: A number given first by one of the two parties during negotiation. Anchoring is a form of "heuristic" (mental shortcut).
Anchor above where you expect the client to spend.
Tags: Negotiation | Word Meaning | Sales | Mind Games | Psychology |
11. Emotional awareness means knowing what you are feeling and why.
Tags: Emotional | Aware | Feelings | Mixed Feelings | Why | Mental Health | Psychology | Emotionally Drained |
12. Due to the mental and emotional abuse that I've gotten from men in general all my life and my resulting hatred of the typical male ego, I have a more dominant attitude towards men and a more submissive attitude towards women.
Tags: Mental Health | Emotional | Emotional Abuse | Abuse | Hate | Manly | Submissive | Dominance | Attitude | Women | Understanding Women | Psychology | Self Awareness | Submissive Men |
13. Adult bullies need to make you feel bad so they can feel good. Twisted isn't it?
Hold your head up and chest out. Reality is they envy you! Your success, your looks, your car, your clothes, your job, your friends..something.. there is something about you that they envy. That is why they pick on you to feed their own insecurities and jealousy.
Tags: Bully | Adult Bully | Insecurities | Jealousy | Feel Good | Standing Up | Looking Good | Beauty | Job | Friendship | Mental Health | Mental Wellness | Mind Games | Mind Control | Psychology |
14. Although taking advantage is considered "passive aggressive", some consider it to be "covert aggressive".
Deceiving and manipulating us to get what they want, covert aggressors very actively try to control other people.
Tags: Taking Advantage | Passive Aggressive | Deception | Manipulation | Controlling | Mind Games | Psychology | Consideration |
15. Taking Advantage Tactic #3
Denial. Refusing to admit they’ve said or done something, which can make you begin doubting yourself.
Tags: Taking Advantage | Denial | Refusal | Admitting | Blame | Mind Games | Victim | Doubtful | Self Doubt | Psychology |
16. Taking Advantage Tactic #6
Guilt. Using your conscience and desire to be a good person to control and manipulate you.
Tags: Taking Advantage | Guilt | Conscience | Desires | Controlling | Manipulation | Mind Games | Psychology | Help |
17. When you know yourself well and do not despise yourself utterly, it is because you are too exhausted to indulge in extreme feelings.
Tags: Emotionally Drained | Self Hate | Mixed Feelings | Self Awareness | Psychology |
18. The best way to get most husbands to do something is to suggest that perhaps they’re too old to do it.
Tags: Mind Games | Funny Marriage | Reverse Psychology | Psychology | Self Esteem | Insecurities | Validation | Approval |
19. If you want to know how your girl will treat you after marriage, just listen to her talking to her little brother.
Tags: Funny Marriage | Psychology |
20. Chess is a very tough game, and psychologically a tough game. And of course, chess needs a lot of qualities, human qualities. And so you must have a very strong nervous system, and then you must be well prepared; you must be able to work a lot.
Tags: Nervous System | Chess | Psychology |
21. and whining doesn’t get the attention, it often just goes away.
Tags: Whining | Strategy | Psychology | Reverse Psychology | Parenting |
22. Whenever your partner or your kids say or do something that is not acceptable, before responding ask yourself
“Do I want to help or Do I want to hurt?”
“Do I want to punish or discipline?”
Tags: Conflict Resolution | Parenting | Psychology | Guilt | Relationship | Punishing | Discipline |
23. Never in the history of the world someone has calmed down or relaxed when you say “Calm Down” or “Relax”.
Tags: Communication | Healthy Communication | Parenting | Calm | Relaxing | Demand | Arguments | Understanding | Psychology | Emotions |