1. Go out and paint the stars.
Explore More Quotes
2. If I could say it in words there would be no reason to paint.
3. I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn’t say any other way—things I had no words for.
4. Painting is poetry that is seen rather than felt, and poetry is painting that is felt rather than seen.
5. A painter should begin every canvas with a wash of black, because all things in nature are dark except where exposed by the light.
6. More important than a work of art itself is what it will sow. Art can die, a painting can disappear. What counts is the seed.
7. Paintings have a life of their own that derives from the painter's soul.
8. Learning to draw is really a matter of learning to see - to see correctly - and that means a good deal more than merely looking with the eye.
9. If I could say it in words there would be no reason to paint.
10. If you hear a voice within you say ‘you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.
11. Painting is easy when you don’t know how, but very difficult when you do.
12. If I knew what the picture was going to be like, I wouldn’t make it.
13. A picture is a poem without words
14. Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and paints his own nature into his pictures.
15. There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who, with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into sun.
16. Painting is self-discovery. Every good artist paints what he is.
17. If I paint something, I don’t want to have to explain what it is.
- Bob Ross
18. Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.
19. If you have a burning restless urge to paint, simply eat something sweet and the feeling will pass.
20. Every time I paint a portrait, I lose a friend.
21. Any fool can paint a picture, but it takes a wise man to be able to sell it.
22. Painting is silent poetry.
23. All you need to paint is a few tools, a little instruction, and a vision in your mind.
- Bob Ross
24. I started painting as a hobby when I was little. I didn’t know I had any talent. I believe talent is just a pursued interest. Anybody can do what I do.
- Bob Ross
25. I’m not performing miracles, I’m using up and wasting a lot of paint.
26. Go out and paint the stars.