Givers have to set limits because takers rarely do.
Home > Quotes > Givers have to set limits because takers rarely do.
Taking Advantage Quotes
1. Givers have to set limits because takers rarely do.
Tags: Taking Advantage | Be Kind | Crossing the Line |
Explore More Quotes
2. I hate liars, hypocrites, and people who take advantage of people who care about them
Tags: Caring | Selfishness | Hypocrisy | Taking Advantage | Selfish Friends | Liar |
3. Bullies are predators. They will go after the weakest prey. Trying to stop a bully by teaching a child to stand up to him is like teaching the weakest gazelle to be stronger. The predator will not stop going after the weakest prey, he will ONLY stop going after THAT target.
Tags: Bully | Adult Bully | Weakness | Stop | Teacher | Standing Up | Taking Advantage | Children | Raising Children | Targeting |
4. Tangible or material bullying: Using one’s formal power (i.e. title or position) or material leverage (i.e. financial, informational, or legal) as forms of intimidation, threat, harassment, and/or harm. In these scenarios, the bully uses his or her advantage in stature and/or resources to dominate and control the victim.
Tags: Controlling | Power | Bully | Mind Games | Ego | Threatening | Powerful | Harmful | Taking Advantage | Attack | Victim | Intimidating | Dominance | Adult Bully |
5. The greater the power, the more dangerous the abuse.
Tags: Abuse | Emotional Abuse | Power | Danger | Taking Advantage |
6. People who take advantage of others are always the ones that play victim, are unaware or claim to forget, and have excuses for everything. They put you in a situation that you have to work on their behalf.
Tags: Taking Advantage | Mind Games | Victim | Unaware | Excuses | Fool |
7. Although taking advantage is considered "passive aggressive", some consider it to be "covert aggressive".
Deceiving and manipulating us to get what they want, covert aggressors very actively try to control other people.
Tags: Taking Advantage | Passive Aggressive | Deception | Manipulation | Controlling | Mind Games | Psychology | Consideration |
8. Taking Advantage Tactic #1
Seduction. Manipulating you with charm and flattery, and playing on your need for approval.
Tags: Taking Advantage | Seductive | Manipulation | Charming | Flattery | Approval | Validation | Insecurities | Self Esteem |
9. Taking Advantage Tactic #2
Lying. Telling blatant lies, misrepresenting the truth, or being deliberately vague.
Tags: Taking Advantage | Liar | Bullshit | Vague | Truth | Mind Games |
10. Taking Advantage Tactic #3
Denial. Refusing to admit they’ve said or done something, which can make you begin doubting yourself.
Tags: Taking Advantage | Denial | Refusal | Admitting | Blame | Mind Games | Victim | Doubtful | Self Doubt | Psychology |
11. Taking Advantage Tactic #4
Selective Inattention. Deliberately brushing you off by actively ignoring your requests or e-mails.
Tags: Taking Advantage | Selective | Attention | Intentional | Ignoring | I Dont Care |
12. Taking Advantage Tactic #5
Diversion. When asked a question, changing the subject to throw you off course.
Tags: Taking Advantage | Changing the Topic | Surprise | Shocked | Unexpected |
13. Taking Advantage Tactic #6
Guilt. Using your conscience and desire to be a good person to control and manipulate you.
Tags: Taking Advantage | Guilt | Conscience | Desires | Controlling | Manipulation | Mind Games | Psychology | Help |
14. Taking Advantage Tactic #7
Shaming. Putting you down and using sarcasm and critical comments to make you feel so inadequate that you give in to them.
Tags: Taking Advantage | Shame | When Someone Puts You Down | Sarcasm | Criticism | Passing Comments | Not Enough | Mind Control | Mind Games | Manipulation | Cant Bring Me Down |
15. Taking Advantage Tactic #8
Playing the Victim. Using exaggerated complaints about their hardships to make you feel sorry for them so they get what they want.
Tags: Taking Advantage | Victim | Exaggerating | Complaining | Hardship | Feelings | Sorry |
16. Taking Advantage Tactic #9
Feigning Ignorance or Confusion. Playing dumb, or acting like they don’t know what you’re talking about, which can throw you off balance and make you doubt yourself.
Tags: Taking Advantage | Ignorance | Confused | Dumbness | Mind Games | Stupid | Surprised | Unexpected | Vague |
17. Sometimes you don't realize you're actually drowning when you're trying to be everyone else's anchor.
Tags: Taking Advantage | Help | Be Kind | Realization | Too Late | Trying | Validation | Drowning | Drowning |
18. Don't allow someone to treat you poorly just because you love them.
Tags: Taking Advantage | Treating Badly | Compromise | Self Respect |
19. Not everyone will appreciate what you do for them. You have to figure out who's worth your kindness and who's just taking advantage.
Tags: Taking Advantage | Appreciate | Caring | Be Kind | Figuring It Out |
20. Someone can decide it’s in their best interests to agree to something, but a choice is only really a choice if there’s a genuine alternative. Otherwise it’s manipulation and it’s taking advantage.
Tags: Taking Advantage | No Choice | Choices | Manipulation |
21. A few times in my life, I have been manipulated by the sexual power of a woman. "Could you help with my assignment?" I'll do it for you. "I don't know why they've given me middle seat." Take mine. "I thought the trains would still be running." Let me drive you home. No promises, no offers, nothing expected in return.
Tags: Taking Advantage | Seductive | Sexual | Help | Validation |
22. Givers have to set limits because takers rarely do.
Tags: Taking Advantage | Be Kind | Crossing the Line |
23. When you're nothing, people will ignore you but when you're on top that's when everybody swear they know you.
Tags: Taking Advantage | Relationship | Relatives | Greed | Ignoring | Treating Badly |
24. When success comes, people can try to trick you or take advantage of you.
Tags: Taking Advantage | Successful | Success | Rich | Money | Greed | Less Money | Trick | Fool | Ulterior Motive |
25. Just because I'm nice does not mean you can take advantage of me.
Tags: Taking Advantage | Being Nice |
26. You have to be careful that in giving energy, you do not allow yourself to be excessively drained or used.
Tags: Emotionally Drained | Careful | Energy | Taking Advantage |
27. Start where you are. Distant fields always look greener, but opportunity lies right where you are. Take advantage of every opportunity of service.
Tags: Grass is Greener | Opportunity | Taking Advantage |
28. Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it.
Tags: Leadership | Art | Taking Advantage | Mind Games |
29. People with Victim Identity attract bullies as their partners. Bully looks for those who he can take advantage of, and the victim believes that life is meant to be harder. A victim does not want to take responsibility of their own life from fear that thing might get a whole lot harder.
Tags: Victim | Bully | Adult Bully | Taking Advantage | Responsibility | Fear | Hardship | Anxiety | Identity |
30. There are people, who the more you do for them, the less they will do for themselves.
Tags: Lazy Coworker | Lazy | Help | Taking Advantage |
31. Pay attention to when and why they want to talk to you.
Tags: Ulterior Motive | Fake Friendship | Fake Love | Taking Advantage | Being Nice |