Everything I have I owe to this job…this stupid, wonderful, ...
Work Life Quotes
1. Everything I have I owe to this job…this stupid, wonderful, boring, amazing job.
Explore More Quotes
2. Skills are cheap, passion is priceless.
3. It’s easy to dream about it … Much harder to execute it ….
4. If they are working in an environment where excellence is expected, then they will do excellent work without anything but self-motivation.
I’m talking about an environment in which excellence is noticed and respected and is in the culture.
If you have that, you don’t have to tell people to do excellent work.
They understand it from their surroundings.
5. Nobody should have to go to work thinking, ‘Oh this is the place that I might die today.’ That’s what a hospital is for.
An office is for not dying. An office is a place to live life to the fullest. To the max.
To…an office is a place where dreams come true.
6. Everything I have I owe to this job…this stupid, wonderful, boring, amazing job.
7. Powerpoints are the peacocks of the business world; all show, no meat.
8. I wake up every morning in a bed that’s too small, drive my daughter to a school that’s too expensive, and then I go to work to a job for which I get paid too little.
But on pretzel day?
Well, I like pretzel day.
9. Michael always says, 'K-I-S-S, keep it simple, stupid.' Great advice, hurts my feelings every time.
10. You can’t have a million-dollar dream with a minimum-wage work ethic.
11. it's a beautiful thing when career and passion come together
12. Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough money not to quit.
13. Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. That is against their interests. They want obedient workers, people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork. And just dumb enough to passively accept it.
Tags: Government | Education | Thinking | Interest | Rules | Planning | Strategy | Political | Quotes that make you think | Work Life | Demotivational Work | Smart | Dumbness | Stupid People | Citizen | Accept | Paper |
14. If we can write down your Job, we can find someone cheaper to do it. In fact, the thing we might find to do it might not even be a person.
15. A person who acts favorably to his or her peers to gain stasis or fancy that will eventually be used to their advantage. Such as a raise, promotion, or acceptance in a group. Usually brown nosers will do anything to gain the approval of their person of choice.
16. Someone who greases up to the boss and acts like he is the bosses best friend in order to get a promotion.
17. To newly hired employees, brown-nosers make their bosses look better, but to coworkers, the brown-noser is often perceived rather negatively
18. Depending on the brown-noser’s behavior, they may have quite a negative impact on their relationships with their coworkers, their boss, and the company as a whole. If the brown-noser sucks up by putting others down, team and company morale will suffer as a result. In general, coworkers can become frustrated and unproductive.
19. Brown-nosers often suck up because they feel insecure or incompetent in their position.
20. If the brown-noser is bringing the team’s morale down, try offering praise and agreement to the brown noser, as it may decrease their need for constant approval from the boss and give them reassurances that they are a necessary part of the team.
21. anyway, the money was great, but the corporate world just wasn't to my liking. i guess i'm not a team player--or an ass-kisser.
22. While many people think bullying only happen amongst children, it can also happen in the workplace or with relatives.
23. A bully can be an aggressive juvenile, an intimidating boss or colleague, a controlling romantic partner, an unruly neighbor, a high-pressure sales/business representative, a condescending family member, a shaming social acquaintance, or those in a variety of other types of abusive relationships.
24. Physical bullying is the use of physical intimidation, threat, harassment or harm.Examples of physical bullying include physical attack, simulated violence (such as raising a fist as if to strike, or throwing objects near a person), extortion, date rape, marital rape, domestic violence, sexual harassment at work, personal space violation, physical space entrapment, physical size domination, and numerical domination (ganging up on a victim).
25. I've got a dream that's worth more than my sleep.
26. Emotional Drainage is caused by a long-term stress either in personal life or at work. Stress is subjective; what stresses one person can be absolutely normal to handle for another person.
27. In any profession, when you lose yourself, you become the art.
28. I would be so exhausted by my determination that I had no strength left to do the actual work.
29. Too often we become so consumed with how we spend our days that we lose track of how we are spending our lives.
30. Why is Monday so far from Friday, and Friday so close to Monday?
31. By working faithfully eight hours a day you may eventually get to be boss and work twelve hours a day.
32. Constant labor of one uniform kind destroys the intensity and flow of a man's animal spirits, which find recreation and delight in mere change of activity.
33. I'm not a hugely social person. Obviously there's a big part of the job that requires that as actors, but it's not the most comfortable for me. I'm a homebody. I don't go out. My life is work and family. There's not a lot in between. That's how I like it.
34. Let's treat the hardworking employees like crap and give all the lazy ones a blue ribbon for showing up.
35. I don’t think of you as a coworker because you never do any work.
36. When every one minds his own business the work is done.
- Danish Proverb
37. Every individual has to perform his duty. Man is mortal, but his work is not. Therefore, work is greater than wealth.
38. Struggle happens when you do something which you don’t love.
39. Your legs are tired and you still have to stay on your feet another hour at work. You love a child who's finding her independence through emotional distance from you. A long-term relationship could be losing its spark. It's finals week in college. You're trying to start a business and it's struggling. You've got a chronic health problem or a disability. Sometimes people don't appreciate your work. You're being discriminated against or otherwise treated unjustly. The body ages, sags, and grows weary.
Sometimes things are difficult.
40. What is an artist? For every thousand people there’s nine hundred doing the work, ninety doing well, nine doing good, and one lucky bastard who’s the artist.
41. Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in an office or mowing the lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain.