Everyone who has something is afraid of losing it, and people ...
1. Everyone who has something is afraid of losing it, and people with nothing are worried they'll forever have nothing. Everyone is the same.
Explore More Quotes
2. Stop thinking too much. It is alright not to know all the answers.
3. Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in fear.
4. You may not believe it now, but the way you're feeling will change.
5. You won't always feel this way...
6. Be empty of worrying.
Think of who created thought!
Why do you stay in prison
When the door is so wide open?
7. These pains you feel are messengers.
Listen to them.
8. There are only 3 ways to motivate people - money, fear, and hunger.
9. You’ll be okay. Not now, but soon.
10. If you have something about yourself that’s different, you’re lucky.
It’s not a curse.
11. How do you defend against a person who is ready to die?
How do you defend against a person who don’t fear being sent to prison for life?
How do you defend against a person who has nothing to lose?
It’s like trying to defend against a suicide bomber, who has no problem going out in a glorified bang.
12. When you first start off trying to solve a problem, the first solutions you come up with are very complex, and most people stop there.
But if you keep going, and live with the problem and peel more layers of the onion off, you can oftentimes arrive at some very elegant and simple solutions.
Most people just don’t put in the time or energy to get there.
13. When you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear. When you do the right things in the right way you have nothing to lose because you have nothing to fear.
14. Everyone who has something is afraid of losing it, and people with nothing are worried they'll forever have nothing. Everyone is the same.
15. People are so afraid of hearing "No" that they often don't even try.
You have nothing to lose by just asking!
A good friend of mine once told me,
"Harv, a closed mouth won't get fed."
Open your mouth!
Say something if negotiations aren't going the way you'd like.
16. Death is caused by swallowing small amounts of saliva over a long period of time.
17. I fear falling in love and understanding why.
18. It is better to be feared than loved, if you cannot be both.
19. Would I rather be feared or loved?
I want people to be afraid of how much they love me.
20. I feel God in this Chili’s tonight.
21. Emotional blackmail is a powerful form of manipulation. It leaves you in a FOG when there is haze of Fear, Obligation, and Guilt.
Often the emotional blackmailer is not a deliberate tactic on the others’ part – it’s just the method that gets them what they want! And have found that it works!
22. Although they may do this in ways which seem harmless, it’s a common tactic to trigger fear and doubt.
23. Emotional blackmail is the use of fear, obligation, and guilt to control another person.
24. In order for a blackmailer to be successful, they must know what the target fears. This fear is often deep-rooted such as fear of abandonment, loneliness, humiliation, and failure.
25. We're going to have to bust down the door on the myth of perfectionism. We're going to have to call it what it really is: fear.
26. Perfectionism is a dream killer, because it’s just fear disguised as trying to do your best. It just is.
27. We shall test you through fear, hunger, loss of life, property, and crops. (Muhammad), give glad news to the people who have patience
28. She was a free bird one minute: queen of the world and laughing. The next minute she would be in tears like a porcelain angel, about to teeter, fall and break. She never cried because she was afraid that something 'would' happen; she would cry because she feared something that could render the world more beautiful, 'would not' happen.
29. You've gotta be willing to fail. You've gotta be able to crash n burn. If you are afraid of failing, you won't get very far.
30. If uncertainty is unacceptable to you, it turns into fear. If it is perfectly acceptable, it turns into increased aliveness, alertness, and creativity.
31. I do things every day without fear, because I am privileged, and I am privileged every day because I am white. Being not racist is not enough, we must be anti racist. Social change is enacted when a society mobilises.
32. Advertising sells you things you don't need and can't afford, that are over priced and don't work. And they do it by exploiting your fears and insecurities. And if you don't have any, they'll be glad to give you a few.
33. The enemy of fear is creativity.
34. Fear and self doubt has always been the biggest enemy to human potential.
35. Do not let fear capture your heart, as long as I am with you.
36. When you share something that might potentially harm you, remember that reactions such as shock, anger and fear come out of concern for you.
37. It was the way she looked at me the whole time. That look said more than she ever could and, in turn, scared me more than her words alone ever could.
38. Listen to the child—find out why he/she did or did not do something.
Explain your reasons; this will enhance the child's decision-making capacities.
The nine inborn feelings (interest, enjoyment, surprise, distress, anger, fear, shame, disgust, and dismal) should be labeled with words. This will facilitate tension regulation and aid the transition to more mature ways of handling emotion.
Positive reinforcement—rewards and praise—will enhance the child's self-esteem when appropriate standards are met. Positive reinforcement is more effective in obtaining long-term behavioral compliance than frightening and shaming punishments.
Set a good example for the child. The child wants to be like the parents. Children identify with their parents, and they will put feelings and actions into words when they see their parents doing this. Who the parents are, and how they behave, will have a profound impact on the development of their children. Your child will follow your lead.
39. The victim will definitely complain and even whine to others about how hard life is. But if anyone ever offers him some options for changing that life, the victim classically comes back with a long list of "Yes, buts." If we ever have the heart and temerity to confront him with this fact, he is liable to begin to cry and tell us repeatedly that we just don't understand how hard it is for him. Life is just harder for him than others—he doesn't know why—but it is. He may attach all kinds of rationales for that statement, but the truth is that he must keep believing that life is hard, or it might just get a whole lot harder.
40. People with Victim Identity attract bullies as their partners. Bully looks for those who he can take advantage of, and the victim believes that life is meant to be harder. A victim does not want to take responsibility of their own life from fear that thing might get a whole lot harder.
41. When a Tiger follows you, you can run much faster than you thought.
- Jack Ma
42. I’m always afraid of making mistakes. I think I was born with that.
43. If man is to survive, he will have learned to take a delight in the essential differences between men and between cultures. He will learn that differences in ideas and attitudes are a delight, part of life's exciting variety, not something to fear.