An artist is not paid for his labor but for his vision.
1. An artist is not paid for his labor but for his vision.
Explore More Quotes
2. You dance inside my chest,
where no one sees you,
but sometimes I do, and that
sight becomes this art.
3. Being good in business is the most fascinating kind of Art.
4. The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook.
5. I'm trying to figure out if I love art enough to be poor.
6. The way we’re running the company, the product design, the advertising, it all comes down to this:
Let’s make it simple. Really simple.
7. A pursuit for perfection is the most leading cause of procrastination in artists.
8. Perfectionism kills art. I find that if I criticise myself, it spoils the fun. You can get paralysed by analysis - it takes all the playfulness away.
9. In a room full of art, I'd still stare at you.
10. In any profession, when you lose yourself, you become the art.
11. Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it.
12. Gardening is the art that uses flowers and plants as paint, and the soil and sky as canvas.
13. Sarcasm isn't an attitude.
It's an Art.
14. It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge.
15. Cinema is the ultimate pervert art. It doesn't give you what you desire - it tells you how to desire.
16. If I could say it in words there would be no reason to paint.
17. I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn’t say any other way—things I had no words for.
18. While drawing I discover what I really want to say.
- Dario Fo
19. Art is a line around your thoughts.
20. The emotions are sometimes so strong that I work without knowing it. The strokes come like speech.
21. Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get the work done. If you wait around for the clouds to part and a bolt of lightning to strike you in the brain, you're not going to make an awful lot of work.
22. An artist is not paid for his labor but for his vision.
23. Art is never finished, only abandoned.
24. A true artist is not one who is inspired, but one who inspires others.
25. She never looked nice. She looked like art, and art wasn't supposed to look nice; it was supposed to make you feel something.
26. Painting is poetry that is seen rather than felt, and poetry is painting that is felt rather than seen.
27. Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up.
28. A true masterpiece does not tell everything.
29. Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working.
30. Art and love are the same thing: It’s the process of seeing yourself in things that are not you.
31. Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time.
32. Anybody can look at a pretty girl and see a pretty girl. An artist can look at a pretty girl and see the old woman she will become. A better artist can look at an old woman and see the pretty girl that she used to be. But a great artist-a master-and that is what Auguste Rodin was-can look at an old woman, protray her exactly as she is...and force the viewer to see the pretty girl she used to be...and more than that, he can make anyone with the sensitivity of an armadillo, or even you, see that this lovely young girl is still alive, not old and ugly at all, but simply prisoned inside her ruined body. He can make you feel the quiet, endless tragedy that there was never a girl born who ever grew older than eighteen in her heart...no matter what the merciless hours have done to her. Look at her, Ben. Growing old doesn't matter to you and me; we were never meant to be admired-but it does to them.
33. Art is not what you see, but what you make others see.
34. It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure.
35. Artists are just children who refuse to put down their crayons.
36. Life is sometimes hard. Things go wrong, in life and in love and in business and in friendship and in health and in all other ways that life can go wrong. And when things get tough, this is what you should do. Make good art.
37. More important than a work of art itself is what it will sow. Art can die, a painting can disappear. What counts is the seed.
38. Creativity is taking the best skills and techniques from experts around you and improving upon them.
39. The first mistake of art is to assume that it's serious.
40. Paintings have a life of their own that derives from the painter's soul.
41. Art is longer than life.
42. Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
43. The only place where you can break the rules legally is in art.
44. art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable.
45. Art has a voice.
Let it speak.
46. The artist's mission is to enlarge your vision.
47. The artist is not a special kind of person, rather each person is a special kind of artist.
48. I am an artist and I don't need to make sense.
49. You are much more than what you create.
50. Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes.
Art is knowing which ones to keep.
51. The artist must train not only his eye but also his soul.
52. He who works with his hands is a laborer. He who works with his hands and his head is a craftsman. He who works with his hands and his head and his heart is an artist.
53. You can look at a picture for a week and never think of it again. You can also look at the picture for a second and think of it all your life.
54. The artist sees what others only catch a glimpse of.
55. Learning to draw is really a matter of learning to see - to see correctly - and that means a good deal more than merely looking with the eye.
56. The true use of art is, first, to cultivate the artist’s own spiritual nature.
57. If I could say it in words there would be no reason to paint.
58. I shut my eyes in order to see.
59. Every artist was first an amateur.
60. Have no fear of perfection, you'll never reach it.
61. If you hear a voice within you say ‘you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.
62. Don’t think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it’s good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art.
63. No great artist ever sees things as they really are. If he did, he would cease to be an artist.