10 things severe health anxiety sufferers don’t do: 1. su ...
Home > Quotes > 10 things severe health anxiety sufferers don’t do: 1. surround w
Health Anxiety Quotes
1. 10 things severe health anxiety sufferers don’t do:
1. surround with negative people.
2. look up their new symptoms of anxiety online.
3. looking for instant results and expecting on when the recovery will be achieved.
4. They stop scanning for the bad and begin focusing on the good.
5. Don’t turn to a doctor for answers each and every time a new challenge comes up.
6. They stop playing the victim card when speaking to others.
7. Don’t speed through life.
8. Know the difference between good advice and bad advice.
9. Stop avoiding everything you fear. One brave step can create incredible momentum. Talking back to body zaps to let your subconscious know that YOU KNOW that it’s caused by anxiety.
10. They know that they are not a mind reader and they don’t try to fit in.
Tags: Health Anxiety | Negativity | Toxic People | Symptoms | Expectations | Focus | Victim | Hurry | Advice | Fear | Subconscious | Anxiety | Fitting In |
Explore More Quotes
2. Your anxiety is lying to you.
Tags: Anxiety | Liar | Reality | Mental Wellness | Health Anxiety |
3. In the moment, start by acknowledging any stress, weariness, frustration, anxiety, or pain. Open to the impact on your body and mind of whatever is difficult. Let the experience be whatever it is. Try to step back from it and observe it. Let it flow . . . flowing through you . . . and flowing on out the door.
Tags: Life Struggle | Stress | Frustrated | Anxiety | Pain | Difficulty | Experience | Mindset | Health Anxiety |
4. We must have a pie. Stress cannot exist in the presence of a pie.
Tags: Health Anxiety | Anxiety | Stress | Cupcakes |
5. Anxiety was born in the very same moment as mankind. And since we will never be able to master it, we will have to learn to live with it— just as we have learned to live with storms.
Tags: Anxiety | Health Anxiety | Storm |
6. You don’t have to control your thoughts; you just have to stop letting them control you.
Tags: Anxiety | Health Anxiety | Mind Control | Thoughts | Negativity | Controlling | Control | Mental Health |
7. It’s not stress that kills us, it is our reaction to it.
Tags: Anxiety | Stress | Health Anxiety |
8. When threatened, the nervous system sometimes goes into a 'freeze response.' You assess the risk and determine that fight or flight doesn't help you. Staying put does.
Tags: Nervous System | Fight or Flight | Health Anxiety | Anxiety |
9. Dear Worries,
I know you’re trying to help me, but you’re really taking me out of the present. You are stopping me to think clearly and solve the problem.
Tags: Worry | Anxiety | Health Anxiety |
10. You’re unique.
But your anxiety is not.
Tags: Health Anxiety | Anxiety | I Am Different | You Are Not Alone | Supportive |
11. The first symptom of health anxiety is that when a person senses a symptom, they start thinking “OMG what could this be? Let me search google. Is it going to lead to something else? Am I unhealthy?
Tags: Health Anxiety | Anxiety | Google | Mental Health | Symptoms |
12. Looking for guarantees is the biggest thing that is keeping you from healing your health anxiety.
A guarantee on every medication, therapy, and a guarantee that you will be safe, a guarantee that your symptoms are related to anxiety. And even if you start believing that, it will be brief.
Instead of looking for guarantees, adopt the right attitude. When you stop looking for guarantees, you start to let go. Start questioning all your cravings for guarantees whenever they pop up.
Tags: Health Anxiety | Healing | Medicine | Symptoms | Certainty | Let It Go | Mind Control |
13. Believing 100% that your symptoms are related to anxiety and stress and not something else is the first step to healing your health anxiety. Not taking an opinion or going to google to search for the symptom. You have to accept that the symptom is related to your anxiety.
Tags: Health Anxiety | Symptoms | Anxiety | Opinion |
14. When a symptom arises, don’t fight with it by asking “are you gonna get worse? Are you connected to a disease or illness?”.
This much focus on a particular symptom eats up on the person’s willpower and their ability to engage in whats taking place in the present moment. Start understanding what your body is trying to tell you. Look at what you are suppressing, the fears, the angers, the doubts, the un forgiveness towards yourself and others.
You must be open to taking in those messages, and using them to be able to resolve what your body wants you to resolve.
Stop fighting what you are fighting with on the inside, and begin understanding them.
Tags: Health Anxiety | Symptoms | Fight or Flight | Body | Suppress | Fear | Anger | Doubtful | Forgiveness | Resolve | Mental Health |
15. Replace fear of your symptoms with unconditional love for why they are there. Yes.
Say “Thank you very much for looking out for me. Thank you for warning me of something that is going to arise in the future that is connected to a trauma from the past. Thank you subconscious body for carrying this information until now, and letting me know that i can resolve what needs to be resolved through my conscious mind today.
When you can spread love for the very thing that you hate and fear, you will begin healing.
Tags: Health Anxiety | Fear | Symptoms | Unconditional Love | Trauma | Past | Subconscious | Healing | Hate | Conscious |
16. We feel that if we feel sensitized, if we can interpret our sensations and symptoms as being physical dangers, then we can be one step ahead of potential cancer or heart attack. So we go on Google, we seek reassurance - anything to make us feel better.
Tags: Health Anxiety | Sensitive | Interpretation | Symptoms | Danger | Heart | Disease | Anxiety | Google | Reassurance | Validation |
17. When a symptom or fear arises, how are you talking to your body right now? Do you swim in that helplessness? Do you not show it to others and put up the mask all day long?
You have an inner dialogue with yourself when you have health anxiety. That inner dialogue must change. Make sure to think from your conscious mind, and not replaying the same ideas from yesterday.
Tags: Health Anxiety | Symptoms | Fear | Fight or Flight | Helpless | Anxiety | Yesterday | Swimming | Hiding Behind A Mask | Conscious |
18. Emotional Refractory period is a system that is meant to keep you in the same anxious state that you’re already in. It wants to keep you in a place of fear and deeply sensitized, keeping you looking over your shoulder for the next potential threat. It will take information from the outside world, that re-triggers the state that you are already in.
You will not perceive good things around you as good.
Walking on the road and feeling sensitized, wondering are there any people around who would help me if I have a panic attack, or worse.
Tags: Health Anxiety | Anxiety | Fear | Threatening | Trigger | Panic Attack |
19. In the moment when fear takes your attention, and you move towards catastrophic ways of perceiving your symptoms - it’s in that very moment you should change something in your body.
Don’t look to grapple for with your thoughts- “think positive think positive… it’s gonna be fine it’s gonna be fine”. You will make it worse because you are only adding it to the adrenaline.
What you want to do is make a change in your body. The best thing you can do is slow down. Watch your speed, go neutral. Allow yourself to trust that the symptoms in combination with those intrusive thoughts will lessen in strength over time. You must trust.
A change in your speed, breathing patterns, posture, a change by using more hand gestures, a change in your facial expression. Whatever that change in body is, you need to make one.
Tags: Health Anxiety | Fear | Symptoms | Fight or Flight | Panic Attack | Adrenaline | Calm | Trust | Breathing | Posture | Facial Expression | Body |
20. You have to build a relationship with the world of the unknown, uncertainty and make peace with peace. You will have to bring your authentic self back. The part of you that isn’t afraid, that sees things as they are - not worse than what they are. You have to bring this person out each and every day in order for you to heal, or else you are just going to keep getting addicted to stress hormones. See beyond your symptoms and intrusive thoughts.
Tags: Health Anxiety | Symptoms | Negativity | Thoughts | Peace | Uncertainty | Healing | Addiction | Stress | Spirituality |
21. These thinking patterns become so habitual, that they affect our emotional states and makes the health anxiety sufferer live in avoidance of certain situations, places, people.
As much as the sufferer think that the fear of dying is related to the root cause of health anxiety, it is also related to the fear of living. They are scared to put themselves out there in case the symptom gets worse, in case they can’t handle it or people won’t understand what they are going through.
Tags: Health Anxiety | Symptoms | Avoid | Death | Thoughts |
22. You cannot always control what goes on outside.
But you can always control what goes on inside.
Tags: Yoga | Control | Controlling | Mind Control | Health Anxiety | Anxiety |
23. Law of substitution states that one cannot stop themselves from thinking about something.
For example, try not to think about the Statue of Liberty. See how that failed?
Your mind does not understand “don’t”.
Your mind actually processes it as “Think about Statue of Liberty.”
Similarly, if you keep repeating in your head “don’t think about symptoms of anxiety”, guess what happens.
Tags: Overthinking | Mental Health | Thoughts | Anxiety | Mind Control | Health Anxiety | Self Help | Panic Attack |
24. there is always something that you could imagine in your brain that could go wrong, and you could make yourself have a panic attack. Like, your body would actually respond to that.
That’s how powerful the thought process is.
Tags: Brain | Mind Control | Thoughts | Negativity | Future | Body | Thinking | Positive Thinking | Overthinking | Panic Attack | Anxiety | Health Anxiety | Mental Health |
25. Treatment for health anxiety is like a maze. You know the one where you pick a path, take a wrong turn and reach a dead end. Then you have to turn around and pick the right path.
if you are following uncertainty, you will 100% find yourself out of that maze and and you will find recovery.
at any point you choose certainty over uncertainty, you will run into a dead end and you will have to turn around and the only way out is through looking towards uncertainty.
that is the major concept of treatment for Health Anxiety, phobias and OCD.
Tags: Anxiety | Health Anxiety | Medicine | Mental Health | Phobia | OCD | Overthinking | Certainty | Uncertainty | Healing | Perfectionism |
26. Anxiety doesn’t go away if you try to ignore it, or gain reassurance from yourself or someone else,
The first thing to handling anxiety is to expect it to show up and plan a response which could just be just “acknowledgement”. Have a conversation with it.
Tags: Anxiety | Health Anxiety | Explanation | Planning | Conversation | Ignoring |
27. When thinking about the future, the brain generally thinks the worst possible case always. It never focuses on the amazing things that could happen in the future.
We are all constantly planning and worrying about the future.
Tags: Future | Anxiety | Health Anxiety | Brain | Negativity | Present | Worry |
28. A future catastrophic thought can make you feel uncomfortable in the body in the present moment.
On the contrary, you can experience a positive emotion from something good that’s already happened to you, again!
So why not multiply the good stuff in your brain.
Tags: Future | Anxiety | Health Anxiety | Uncomfortable | Sensation | Mental Health | Mental Wellness |
29. The four golden words to every negative thought you will ever have.
“is it really true?”
Tags: Thoughts | Overthinking | Negativity | Anxiety | Health Anxiety |
30. It is scientifically proven that you cannot suppress a negative thought by just ignoring it. The more you try not to think of something, the more you think of it.
Allow the negative thought to come. It doesn’t mean you agree with it. It just means that you are not running away from it and you’re not trying to suppress it or ignore it.
Tags: Negativity | Panic | Panic Attack | Anxiety | Health Anxiety | Overthinking |
31. when you are having a panic attack, it’s so incredibly painful that it feels like something is terribly wrong inside your body.
you feel like you are going to die.
That’s intense. If you are feeling that you are going to die there is not much more intensity than that.
Tags: Panic Attack | Panic | Thoughts | Feelings | Emotions | Mental Health | Anxiety | Health Anxiety | Heart | Death | Fear |
32. When you are having a panic attack, one simple line that can get you through the panic attack when you are having it is…
“this is uncomfortable, but it is not dangerous”
Tags: Panic Attack | Panic | Uncomfortable | Danger | Fear | Threatening | Thoughts | Heart | Mental Health | Health Anxiety | Anxiety |
33. A lot of grief, sadness or anger that is being ignored or not dealt with can be a cause of feeling more anxious.
Tags: Fear | Relationship | Sadness | Mental Health | Divorce | Heart Break | Anxiety | Grief | Anger | Health Anxiety |
34. Anxiety is just unprocessed worry.
You worried about some past, present or future and you ignored it. It turned into anxiety.
Tags: Anxiety | Health Anxiety | Worry | Past | Present | Future |
35. The 54321 method is effective grounding technique in getting you out of anxious thoughts and back into the present moment.
When you are too stuck in your head and feeling anxious, ask yourself this:
What are the 5 things you can see right now
What are the 4 things you can touch
What are the 3 things you can hear
What are the 2 things you can smell
What is the 1 thing you can taste
Tags: Anxiety | Health Anxiety | Smell | Taste | Sensation | Mental Health | Breathing | Hearing | Feelings | Negativity | Thoughts |
36. Exercise is chemically shown to boost your mood.
The goal to exercise and living a healthy lifestyle is not just a pursuit to achieving a certain type of body, but to feel different.
Tags: Exercise | Fitness | Feelings | Health | Health Anxiety | Mental Health |
37. You need some anxiety in order to be happy.
People with low levels of anxiety die early from accidents and preventable illnesses.
Tags: Anxiety | Health Anxiety | Death | Illness | Happiness |
38. ANTs or automatic negative thoughts kill an individual’s happiness.
if your brain tends to default to an unhappy moment, go deep into that thought and feel bad on purpose. Then stand up and say STOP!
now consciously go to one of the happiest moments of your life And re experience that with all of your senses and you’ll notice how your brain shifts and celebrate.
Tags: Negativity | Thoughts | Happiness | Brain | Unhappy | Moment | Bad Day | Stop | Anxiety | Health Anxiety | Mental Health |
39. In exposure therapy when a person is exposing themselves to certain situations, the situations are very normal and nothing for others, but to us it is a great challenge. Things like driving again, or exercising, or not overthinking.
These challenges will not feel like challenges soon enough, because you can get yourself to a place where the value that you have placed to the things that contribute to your anxiety have less value.
Tags: Health Anxiety | Anxiety | Exposed | Challenge | Mental Health | Overthinking |
40. I become what I think about all day long.
Tags: Overthinking | Thinking | Positive Thinking | Mind Control | Health Anxiety | Anxiety | Mantra |
41. The more fearful and curious we become about what problem we might have, the more adrenaline is released, making your symptoms and sensations stronger.
People are unaware that their symptoms are nervous (emotional) in origin and follow a well recognized pattern. The pattern of continuous fear and tension is what breeds anxiety and triggers those symptoms.
Tags: Health Anxiety | Anxiety | Adrenaline | Fight or Flight | Nervous System | Emotional | Emotionally Drained | Fear | Trigger |
42. Anxiety and panic attacks have never killed anybody.
Tags: Anxiety | Health Anxiety | Panic Attack | Kill | Death | Mantra | Healing | Symptoms |
43. Accept setbacks. When a setback occurs, people think they failed. Anxiety comes with setbacks and you will fail several times before you recover from anxiety. Stop checking yourself every single day and trying to know if you are better today than yesterday.
Tags: Anxiety | Health Anxiety | Failure | Setback |
44. When you start expecting anxiety to show up so you can get a chance of facing your fear, you know you are on the right path to being free from anxiety very soon.
Tags: Health Anxiety | Anxiety | Fear | Freedom |
45. Digestive problems are directly linked with emotional stress. Fear can be a driving factor of your digestive problems.
Tags: Digestion | Emotional | Stress | Fear | Health Anxiety | Anxiety |
46. Reasons for Clinging onto anxiety
1. Fear makes us feel safe.
2. The behavior becomes habitual.
3. You identified yourself with these behaviors (it is who I am).
Tags: Health Anxiety | Anxiety | Fear | Bad Habit | Identity |
47. You don’t need to focus entirely on your symptoms. If you continue to do so, you’re going to be a hamster running on a wheel and getting nowhere.
Tags: Health Anxiety | Symptoms | Mind Control | Disease |
48. When a negative idea pops up, replay and listen to these fearful thoughts from the voice of Mickey Mouse, Goofy, Daffy Duck - you name it. People and characters that you never take seriously. This changes the perception of the negative idea.
Tags: Health Anxiety | Anxiety | Negativity | Thoughts | Overthinking | Perception | Fear | Fun |
49. 3 Words health anxiety sufferers must stop saying:
“Does anyone ever” or “has anyone ever”. Stop finding assurance from others, and ask the right questions like how can I heal?
Tags: Health Anxiety | Reassurance | Supportive | Stop | Herd Mentality |
50. How come I have Health Anxiety?
Health anxiety is a result of extreme love for life. Health anxiety is a result of years and years of worry full ways of perceiving, acting and imagining based off of previous experiences. You didn’t get here by accident. You were conditioned, programmed, you saw things that messed with your interpretations of yourself and life. You experienced certain situations that went against what you wanted to happen.
Tags: Health Anxiety | Life | Lifestyle | Thats Called Life | Life Struggle | Live Life | Programming | Brain | Expectations | Mental Health |
51. When we reach a point where we are BORED of the same catastrophic ideas, and become disinterested when we look at the past and realize how much time we have wasted having these negative thoughts, now we are moving in the right direction.
Tags: Health Anxiety | Negativity | Thoughts | Waste of Time | Death |
52. Health anxiety provides us certain things.
Living comfortably with the addiction to suffering, as it provides you many things like feeling safe, some level of comfort and security, love from others, an opportunity to stay in your comfort zone and not take on too much.
Tags: Health Anxiety | Addiction | Safe | Comfortable | Insecurities | Sympathy | Comfort Zone |
53. Seeking reassurance from the comforter (spouse/friend). It becomes habitual to ask them whether a symptom could be related to anxiety or if it’s related to something more serious. Have they ever experienced it as well etc.
Tags: Health Anxiety | Reassurance | Anxiety | Symptoms |
54. Health Anxiety symptoms, most of the time, are reflection of experiences from the past that have lead to your sensitized state.
Symptoms may seem physical but it is in-fact a deeper underlying challenge related to a time where you froze in your life, felt helpless, and you couldn’t express yourself; or a time in your life where your expectations weren’t met and you felt lost and disconnected.
Tags: Health Anxiety | Symptoms | Experience | Past | Sensitive | Pain | Helpless | Express Yourself | Expectations | Lost | Mental Health |
55. Question your thinking, beliefs, actions, your upbringing, your environment today and yesterday. When you start to question what you believe to be true, you begin to see through what you believe to be true and you open yourself up to new information.
Tags: Health Anxiety | Question | Thinking | Belief | Actions | Upbringing | Environment | Today | Yesterday | Believe |
56. When you feel a symptom, change your focus. This does not mean distracting yourself, that is a coping tool, it will not heal you. Changing your focus means diverting your attention to a different part of that situation.
Instead on focusing how this symptom can lead to a physical illness, focus on how the symptom is a sign of past intense experiences. It’s simply a warning message asking you whether it is safe or not to do what you are about to do. This will give a completely different meaning to the feeling. This idea that you adopted in your mind will begin traveling into your heart and that is when you will start believing it fully.
It’s literally a convincing game - you are trying to convince the 95% subconscious mind and body that’s gone through all this distress.
Tags: Health Anxiety | Symptoms | Focus | Distraction | Healing | Attention | Illness | Past | Mind Control | Brain | Believe in Yourself | Subconscious | Stress |