"Allah has a sense of Ghira, and Allah's sense of Ghira is pro ...
Home > Quotes > "Allah has a sense of Ghira, and Allah's sense of Ghira is provoked wh
1. "Allah has a sense of Ghira, and Allah's sense of Ghira is provoked when a believer does something which Allah has prohibited."
[Sahih al-Bukhari 5223]
Explore More Quotes
2. "There is nothing (none) having a greater sense of Ghira (self-respect) than Allah."
[Sahih al-Bukhari 5222]
Tags: Gheerah | Respect | Lord | Self Respect |
3. "Allah has a sense of Ghira, and Allah's sense of Ghira is provoked when a believer does something which Allah has prohibited."
[Sahih al-Bukhari 5223]
4. The Prophet, said, "I entered Paradise and saw a palace and asked whose palace is this? They (the Angels) said, "This palace belongs to `Umar bin Al-Khattab.' I intended to enter it, and nothing stopped me except my knowledge about your sense of Ghira (self-respect (O `Umar)." `Umar said, "O Allah's Messenger (pbuh)! Let my father and mother be sacrificed for you! O Allah's Prophet! How dare I think of my Ghira (self-respect) being offended by you?"
[Sahih al-Bukhari 5226]
Tags: Gheerah | Jannah Paradise | Sacrifice | Offended | Self Respect |
5. Narrated Asma' bint Abu Bakr:
When Az-Zubair married me, he had no real property or any slave or anything else except a camel which drew water from the well, and his horse. I used to feed his horse with fodder and drew water and sew the bucket for drawing it, and prepare the dough, but I did not know how to bake bread. So our Ansari neighbors used to bake bread for me, and they were honorable ladies. I used to carry the date stones on my head from Zubair's land given to him by Allah's Messenger (pbuh) and this land was two third Farsakh (about two miles) from my house. One day, while I was coming with the date stones on my head, I met Allah's Messenger (pbuh) along with some Ansari people. He called me and then, (directing his camel to kneel down) said, "Ikh! Ikh!" so as to make me ride behind him (on his camel). I felt shy to travel with the men and remembered Az-Zubair and his sense of Ghira, as he was one of those people who had the greatest sense of Ghira. Allah's Messenger (pbuh) noticed that I felt shy, so he proceeded. I came to Az-Zubair and said, "I met Allah's Messenger (pbuh) while I was carrying a load of date stones on my head, and he had some companions with him. He made his camel kneel down so that I might ride, but I felt shy in his presence and remembered your sense of Ghira. On that Az-Zubair said, "By Allah, your carrying the date stones (and you being seen by the Prophet (pbuh) in such a state) is more shameful to me than your riding with him." (I continued serving in this way) till Abu Bakr sent me a servant to look after the horse, whereupon I felt as if he had set me free.
[Sahih al-Bukhari 5224]
Tags: Gheerah | Camel | Less Money | Shy | Shame | Stone |
6. Sa`d bin Ubada said, "If I found a man with my wife, I would kill him with the sharp side of my sword." When the Prophet (peace be upon him) heard that he said,
"Do you wonder at Sa`d's sense of ghira (self-respect)? Verily, I have more sense of ghira than Sa`d, and Allah has more sense of ghira than I."
[Sahih al-Bukhari 6846]
Tags: Gheerah | Cheating | Self Respect |
7. Umar was a man of protective jealousy, and when he went out to pray, `Atikah bint Zaid would follow him, although he did not like her going out, but he did not like to stop her. He used to narrate that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: `if your womenfolk ask you for permission to pray in the mosque, do not prevent them.`
Tags: Gheerah |
8. Ad-Dayooth is the man who permits women for whom he is responsible (eg: mother, wife, sister etc.) to engage in illicit relations, or to display their beauty to strange men, thereby stimulating their sexual desires. He is the man who would show off his wife (or any of his mahram female), her beauty and her style in front of men. He is the one who doesn’t protect her from the eager eyes of strangers (non Mahram). He is the one who accepts that his wife go out with him wearing perfume, putting make up and wearing attractive clothes as if she is an item for sale to others. He is the man who is pleased by the admiring glances from stranger men toward his wife. He would let his sister/his daughter go out with tight clothes, without her Hijab. He is the man who knows that his sister/his daughter has a boyfriend but he doesn’t care. He never has Jealousy on her and would let her show her charm to any one.
Tags: Gheerah |